Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appliance shopping and store cards

tag
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Re: appliance shopping and store cards

Personally, I think your scores, OP, will get you more acceptances than denials.  Pick the appliance you want and start there.  I will add (for confidence) that both Sears and Home Depot approved me for new credit cards WHILE our debt management plan was still in repayment.  Sears gave us a $2400 credit line (enough for new double oven and great refrigerator--both needed--and most recently a fancy new washer & drier--all paid off) and Home Depot gave us a $1200 (now $1700) credit line.

Haven't ever tried for Lowes, but the Home Depot is around the corner, so it's the preference.

Good luck!

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 11 of 18
carlosg
Valued Member

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Hi carlosg,

I've noticed in several places you're having trouble posting. If you're using IE9 as your browser there is an ongoing problem with that and it's being worked on. If possible you might use another browser or switch to "Compatiblity View" in IE9 and see it that helps.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 13 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

--and for those (like me) with no idea where to find "Compatibility View", it appears to be a tiny diagram of a tiny blue page torn in tiny halves on your Address Bar. Of course, as a happy Mac + Firefox user, I don't know where the Address Bar is, either. Smiley Very Happy Maybe the window where the URL appears? --although that seems far too obvious for Windows.

IE 9 Compatibility View

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

--and for those (like me) with no idea where to find "Compatibility View", it appears to be a tiny diagram of a tiny blue page torn in tiny halves on your Address Bar. Of course, as a happy Mac + Firefox user, I don't know where the Address Bar is, either. Smiley Very Happy Maybe the window where the URL appears? --although that seems far too obvious for Windows.

IE 9 Compatibility View

IE8 also has that feature. From time to time while here on the forums IE8 will switch to Compatability View and give me an automatic message. In IE8 you can find go to the "Tools" pull down menu to adjust Compatibility View settings.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 15 of 18
smc733
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Hi carlosg,

I've noticed in several places you're having trouble posting. If you're using IE9 as your browser there is an ongoing problem with that and it's being worked on. If possible you might use another browser or switch to "Compatiblity View" in IE9 and see it that helps.

IE9 is having a lot of issues with sites today.  I work in IT, and Firefox 3.6 has been a lot smoother to 4.0 than IE8 to IE9.  I believe myFICO can put in a temporary header that kicks IE9 into compatibility mode.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 16 of 18
vish1
Valued Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

I will put them in the following order (easiest to hardest):

Sears HSBC

Lowes GEMB

Citi (HD/Sears)

I don't think any of the above lenders pull TU.

really, citi's sears card (sears' citi card???) is the hardest to get?  that's kind of cool, my gf got one recently Smiley Happy

I feel citi is anyday more difficult to get than GEMB or HSBC.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied at HomeDepot over the weekend.  I don't know which report they pulled but I was given a $4000 CL and it was through Citibank.

Thanks for the info!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.