Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applied for secured boa card and was turned down! :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: applied for secured boa card and was turned down! :(

I took your advice dizzier..(i was just hesitant to pay b/c I lost my job Smiley Sad...) but I did it and wow what a difference you guys!

My FICO score from the Score watch is a 618! That's almost 100 points off from CreditKarma!

Message 11 of 20
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Hi there, I think the other posters meant for you to obtain your fico scores from off of this website. The score you obtained from SW on the EQ website is not your true fico score. Those can only be obtained from here.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 20
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Sweets8E wrote:
Hi there, I think the other posters meant for you to obtain your fico scores from off of this website. The score you obtained from SW on the EQ website is not your true fico score. Those can only be obtained from here.

Not quite - the EQ scores from their website are true FICOs, and a true TU FICO can be had from transunioncs.com (note the 'cs' at the end - that's critical!).

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sweets8E wrote:

I thought it was a true fico, I got it from myfico.com..are u sure?

Message 14 of 20
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

@Scamp wrote:

@Sweets8E wrote:

Not quite - the EQ scores from their website are true FICOs, and a true TU FICO can be had from transunioncs.com (note the 'cs' at the end - that's critical!).

Ohhhhh, okay. That's good to know. For some odd reason I thought you had to come here for actual scores because each CRA has their own product. You know...how TU has true credit, and EQ has score power?
Message Edited by Sweets8E on 04-08-2009 07:13 PM

Message 15 of 20
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sweets8E wrote:

Sorry about that. See the Moderator's note. He shined some light on my statement and helped me to understand a bit more too.
Message Edited by Sweets8E on 04-08-2009 07:12 PM

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh...hehe...ok..awesome Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 20
Scamp
Valued Contributor

14sephora wrote:

@Sweets8E wrote:

14sephora, any score you get here at myFICO is a true FICO score.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 18 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sweets8E wrote:

@Scamp wrote:

@Sweets8E wrote:

Ohhhhh, okay. That's good to know. For some odd reason I thought you had to come here for actual scores because each CRA has their own product. You know...how TU has true credit, and EQ has score power?

This is kinda sorta mostly true. Equifax is the only CRA that will sell you your FICO score right upfront. As Scamp mentioned, you can also buy your TU score from transunioncs.com, but not the straight TU website. Smiley Tongue And you can't buy your EX FICO anywhere at all, for love nor money.

So for FICO EQ:
myfico.com
equifax.com (look to make sure that it's the FICO)

For FICO TU:
myfico.com
transunioncs.com

For FICO EX:
fuhgeddaboudit
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 20
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Thanks I get it now. This is great info.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.