cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applied online for a Victoria's Secret card...

tag
blondie_keen
New Contributor

applied online for a Victoria's Secret card...

and got the 7-10 day response. i know that this message can go either way. my question is this:

do i call the VS customer service # to check the status and see if they need any verifiable info or should i try the backdoor # that is listed on this site?

OR

should i wait for the letter to arrive and then go from there?

ps. not that it probably makes any difference but i had received a pre-approval offer through email from them a few months back that i just ignored. but i've been thinking since i only have 1 cc i  feel that i should at least try for a store card but now i'm worried i should have waited...

thoughts/opinions most welcome

thanks!

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
blondie_keen
New Contributor

Re: applied online for a Victoria's Secret card...

surely someone on this board has some pointers/tips  Smiley Tongue
MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 2 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It might take a while.

This was a hot card a year or so ago, but I haven't seen many posts about it recently.

While you're waiting for responses, you might do a search on the forums for victorias secret vs .

Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you've got a number for them then I say call. The reason why is that I apped online for this card back in Oct. myself. I also received the 7-10 day notice. About 10 days later I received the only denial letter I've ever gotten. The reason they gave was that they were unable to verify my address or phone number.

I'd only lived at present address for about 6 months but had changed it with all creditors so it was on my credit reports. I think the reason was that I only listed a cell phone number that wasn't on my reports. Often these companies verify your address by checking your phone number.

Anyway, I looked on this forum and googled online but was unable to find a number where I might be able to recon them and give the information they needed. 

If you have their number, then yes, call....especially if the only number you gave them was your cell.

Message 4 of 12
brother7
Established Contributor

A related question...

Are chances of getting a VS charge card better/worse if applying in-store versus on the website?

VS is opening a store in my area in the Fall.  I wanted to prepare by apping online, but then I thought I better wait just in case they have an in-store promotional discount if I app in-store when they open.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh man this thread is giving me nightmares... lol... my wife has this card and is nearly maxed out.  We are working on paying it off.  But she started with like a 500 limit and now it is 4,000.  Granted that was a few years ago but man they increased it fast but be careful... i mean have 4,000 worth of underwear on a charge card is crazy to me.  I guess guys just dont get it Smiley Surprised
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

ospopo5 wrote: 
I guess guys just dont get it Smiley Surprised

Yes, but then again some guys do. Not that theres anything wrong with that. LMAO!!!  My DW got this card last year, and I agree it is easy to max out for women. Probably the same way most men would be with an NFL store and an NFL Store CC.

Message 7 of 12
blondie_keen
New Contributor

well i called VS customer service who then transferred me to WFNNB or whatever it's called since they process the cards. she verified all my info over the phone and it still said i was denied.

she said to wait for what the letter in the mail would say and then that i could gain a free credit report to check out my credit (which i already knew) but

stil,l very disappointing news : (

would there be any way to recon after receving the letter?

when would be the earliest i could reapply if i wanted to-3 months, 6 months??

i thought my scores would be good enough but i guess i'll find out the reason next week and get back to everybody.

thanks for the posts guys! 

just wish i would have found this board a few years back!!!

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blondie_keen wrote:

would there be any way to recon after receving the letter?

when would be the earliest i could reapply if i wanted to-3 months, 6 months??

i thought my scores would be good enough but i guess i'll find out the reason next week and get back to everybody.

The time frame to re-apply depends on the CCC. Some say 90 days some say 6 months. I am not sure how soon you can reapply for a store card. A recon is worth a shot. The worse they can do is say no again.

Don't feel bad about your scores... my scores are almost the exact same as yours and I was turned down by 4 cards this year already. (Thats why I am not applying again until 2010) Scores alone are not what they are looking for anymore. (Bummer too because we have all worked to get these higher scores, to get better cards and now that we have the scores the cards want something else.) 

Message 9 of 12
blondie_keen
New Contributor

so i received my denial letter in the mail today. these were the reasons for denial i was given:

*unable to verify app info with credit bureau

*profile consists of high percent of bankcard trades

*no trades too new to rate/presence of delinq/derog on recently opened trades

*presence of delinq/derog trades

the only CRA that was pulled was EX-it is actually my highest score of the 3

i called them back after appying online to verify info so i'm not sure what the first reason means

i only have 1 CC-what does reason #2 mean exactly??

i haven't recently opened or appy'ed for anything since my student loan back in august

i DO have 2 old CO's from 2004/2005 and am trying hard to get 1 medical collection off my reports-it is paid

also, i got a score watch alert on sat that an inquiry hit my report (EQ) from GEMB-how is that possible if they only pulled EX???

who do i call and what # do i use to get some more info and possibly ask for a recon??

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.