cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying for Orchard secured card when do you get approved?

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

applying for Orchard secured card when do you get approved?

I am applying for the Orchard secured card how long does it take to notify u if you are denied or approved?
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: applying for Orchard secured card when do you get approved?

Orchard Secured Card approves everyone unless they can't verify your identity.  I think I got the card about the time they finally said I was approved so it was something like two weeks.  They did not appear to be in a hurry.
Message 2 of 13
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Hopefully never, just curious how much fees are you paying for this card? Here is a solution I reccommend

1. Join credit union (NFCU is awesome if you qualify) open savings account- this is going to be an account for credit repair- not for paying bills!! Keep your bill paying accounts seperate from this one

2. Deposit $25 or $50 a pay period (more if you can afford it) direct deposit is best-

3. Once you reach $1,000 through deposits or additional funds added ask if they offer a secured credit card(not a bank card)

4. Remember these secured funds will NOT be available to you for probablly a year- until the card goes unsecured

5. Keep balance <$400- always pay in full to avoid interest

6. Keep making those monthly deposits  

After a year you should get that deposit back, you've created good habits and now have a card with great history.

Message 3 of 13
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@moondog7324 wrote:

Hopefully never, just curious how much fees are you paying for this card?

Orchard Secured card has a $35 annual fee that is waived the first year.  So...first year fees = $0.

Message 4 of 13
Andy77
Valued Contributor

HSBC Secured is not guaranteed approval...

I was declined a secured card with them....as I had included them and Neiman Marcus in my ch 7 bk that was discharged in the last six months

I am not certain they blacklist forever, but thus far they have with me.

Thanks 

Message 5 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@manyquestions wrote:

@moondog7324 wrote:

Hopefully never, just curious how much fees are you paying for this card?

Orchard Secured card has a $35 annual fee that is waived the first year.  So...first year fees = $0.

No AF is fun to pay but $35 is not too bad if someone is rebuilding and if having this CC for awhile will help them do that. I can't tell someone that they absolutely should NEVER pay an AF. Each person must make that decision for themselves. After first researching all the options of course.

Message 6 of 13
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

$35 is not bad for a rebuild- I've seen some First Premiere offers that charge like 120 on a 200 card- the worst are the ones that charge monthly fees- they get 12 chances a year for a slip up-

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moondog7324 wrote:

Hopefully never, just curious how much fees are you paying for this card? Here is a solution I reccommend

1. Join credit union (NFCU is awesome if you qualify) open savings account- this is going to be an account for credit repair- not for paying bills!! Keep your bill paying accounts seperate from this one

2. Deposit $25 or $50 a pay period (more if you can afford it) direct deposit is best-

3. Once you reach $1,000 through deposits or additional funds added ask if they offer a secured credit card(not a bank card)

4. Remember these secured funds will NOT be available to you for probablly a year- until the card goes unsecured

5. Keep balance <$400- always pay in full to avoid interest

6. Keep making those monthly deposits  

After a year you should get that deposit back, you've created good habits and now have a card with great history.

PenFed is pretty much the same.

Why in the world would you want an Orchard Bank secured card that will not only never grow with you, but also cost you $35 a year when you can join PenFed and get a secured card that will grow and has no annual fee?

Message 8 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

PenFed is pretty much the same.

Why in the world would you want an Orchard Bank secured card that will not only never grow with you, but also cost you $35 a year when you can join PenFed and get a secured card that will grow and has no annual fee?

As I said before a person needs to explore all options before deciding what is the best path for them.

Message 9 of 13
manyquestions
Established Contributor

O6 wrote:  

Penfed secured cards are hard to qualify for.  Not everyone can get them.  They are like Citi secured, Wells Fargo secured, and many other desirable secured cards.For someone with a FICO around 500 and many recent baddies,  the Orchard Secured ($35 annual fee waived first year, 7.9% APR) is one of the best cards available to them. It's the best of the subprime cards.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.