Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying for a business card without having or owning a business

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: applying for a business card without having or owning a business

Itsmeagain, do those cards report to your personal credit report? My guess would be that even if they don't (which would surprise me) that they would if they were ever defaulted on.

I read the whole thread, but agree that Tazman over reacted a bit, so to speak. But with one sister at BOA and another at Chase I already happened to know that you can apply for a business card with just your social security number - or at least you could a couple years ago, I won't vouch for now. The OP probably doesn't know the ins and outs of incorporating, and just added Inc. to her name since it was a business card. If the credit card company was verifying incorporation they would have asked for an EIN, but since they didn't it would be hard to say her use of Inc. was fraud and not just a consumer not being sure what to put on an app. 

OP, out of curiosity, does your card say First Last Inc. on it, or just your name?

Message 31 of 33
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Itsmeagain, do those cards report to your personal credit report? My guess would be that even if they don't (which would surprise me) that they would if they were ever defaulted on.

Yes, the Discover Business card reports on my personal credit report.

The only advantage to having this card (to me), is that I can easily separate business from personal expenses for income tax purposes.

It also earns points at the same rate as the Discover More card.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 33
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

I would personally like to apply for the Chase Ink Cash card but I do not own what most people would call a business. However, for fun I sell on eBay averaging just a little over $3,000 per YEAR. The only eBay business use I would need for the card are office supplies. However, I would love to use the card for my personal phone/internet/cable bills for the extra points. Is this allowed? Can I use my SSN as my TIN? 

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.