Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying for a card I dont need

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

applying for a card I dont need

Dont need another credit card  but I need to increase my avaliable credit currently 2 inquires this year I have one crap hsbc card 0% util 320 cl

here is my scores today pulled from identity guard

Equifax 604 Experian 639  TransUnion 655
What do you think?

I live in ohio would be nice to know if a creditor only pulled my TU
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: applying for a card I dont need

Capital One secured card.

Message 2 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Dont need another credit card  but I need to increase my avaliable credit currently 2 inquires this year I have one crap hsbc card 0% util 320 cl

What do you think?

If you don't need another card then reduce your current balances and increase your available credit that way. You'll also have less debt and that's always a good thing.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 10
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you think?

If you don't need another card then reduce your current balances and increase your available credit that way. You'll also have less debt and that's always a good thing.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

+1

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 4 of 10
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I don't know about any other accounts as none were mentioned while the member is trying to "increase" available credit, but I think they mentioned the HSBC card is already at zero utilization from a credit limit that's only $320.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayRizzo wrote:

I don't know about any other accounts as none were mentioned while the member is trying to "increase" available credit, but I think they mentioned the HSBC card is already at zero utilization from a credit limit that's only $320.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's how I read it, too. I would let $3 report once in a while.

A single $320 tradeline is a bit cumbersome if you really want to use the card. As such, I would not say you do not need a bit more credit.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello hello,

I recently applied for a no annual fee Travelocity American Express which is issued by Barclays Bank Delaware and they pulled TransUnion.  At the time I only knew of my EQ FICO which was at 655 and was unaware of my TU score when I applied.  I was given a $3500 credit limit at 19.25 so I wont be using this card as much.  My Citi Forward and Citi Platinum Select were both pulled from EQ

Anyways good luck to you and hope to hear your results!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why apply for a card your don't need?

If your going to do it might as well pick one that you like.

Personally, I work on raising my scores just a little bit more. It would lead to better cards and more instant approvals.

Message 8 of 10
-RED
Regular Contributor

If you don't need another credit card, don't get one. Period!

-800 or Bust...!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

1- Cancel Identity guard immediately- It is not a FICO score.

2- Buy a myFico score and see where you really stand.

3- What negatives have you had that your score is sub 650 (assuming your FICO is close to IG)

Let us know whats up.

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you think?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.