Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying for a secured credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

applying for a secured credit card

Hi,

Is there a company that has a secured credit card that reports to the three major credit bureaus, in which I can apply specifically for a secured credit card and they will not reject me.

Also, I have no printer to fill out information and send it by mail to their company.

I already was rejected when I Applied accidentally for a Gold Card, so I do not want another credit card company running my credit score and then only reject me.

Several years ago, I applied for a secured card. My coworker had told me the name of the company and told me there was no way they would reject me and they did give me a secured card. Note, this was not a prepaid card but a secured card.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: applying for a secured credit card

I know Public Savings Bank is one. They don't run a credit check and are guaranteed to give you a secured card. I think you can apply and do everything online. The one downside is that it will never graduate to unsecured.

Most people here will probably tell you to go look for a secured card with a local credit union so you can establish a relationship with them and hopefully they will grow with you (unsecure the card eventually). If I was still in the market for a secured card, I would go with Addison Ave FCU since they also don't require a hard credit pull and from what I understood speaking to a CSR, are guaranteed a card too. Usually. Plus no foreign transaction fees. 

Capital One is another relatively easy secured card to get but they run a triple credit check with each of the major CRA's. It's hard not to get accepted but not impossible. On the plus side, you can apply for the standard unsecured platinum card (I know you said you didn't want to do this) and if you fail to get it they will usually counter offer with the secured card and all for the one hard pull. That way if you don't get the unsecured you can still get the secured card.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look towards a credit union. They almost always report to all 3 afaik

i started with applied bank secured. it helped me get where i am but wish i would have gone a little different path. good luck buddy

Message 3 of 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Public Savings Bank (PSB) reports to all 3 Credit Bureaus.    They do not check credit, but they do identity check.  I got there card in August 2009 and am in the process of closing it now.    It was relatively quick and easy.   If your credit is very bad,   I think PSB is a very good choice, with reasonable fees and decent service.  

I also have secured cards from Capital One and HSBC also.   Capital One does check all 3 CB, but it has good features.  got one after having the PSB for 9 months.    They are a very good choice as well, if you have bad but not awful credit.   HSBC is ok, but a pain to apply for, a lot of paperwork.

Message 4 of 5
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Is there a company that has a secured credit card that reports to the three major credit bureaus, in which I can apply specifically for a secured credit card and they will not reject me.

Also, I have no printer to fill out information and send it by mail to their company.

I already was rejected when I Applied accidentally for a Gold Card, so I do not want another credit card company running my credit score and then only reject me.

Several years ago, I applied for a secured card. My coworker had told me the name of the company and told me there was no way they would reject me and they did give me a secured card. Note, this was not a prepaid card but a secured card.

Thank you

What does your credit look like? Being declined for gold card from one lended doesnt mean you cant get anything.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.