Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying for a target card!

tag
wanttobeinthe700club
New Contributor

applying for a target card!

i just applied for a target card and was wondering if anyone knows kinda what score you need? the only score i have at the moment is EQ-518. someone said they might offer me a in store card for like $200 which anything would be fine with me lol. they told me they had to varify my address and they would send me a letter in 7-10 days if im approved.
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: applying for a target card!

A $200 starting CL Target should be ashamed lol. There prices are to high to be starting anyone at a $200 CL.

Message 2 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A $200 starting CL Target should be ashamed lol. There prices are to high to be starting anyone at a $200 CL.

I Agree. At the time of my approval with Target i had an EQ score of 713 and i recieved a cl of $200.
Message 3 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Exactly.....I applied some time ago and they gave me a line of $200 paltry dollars. Called them back up, asked for an immediate increase based on my other credit lines and perfect history period. They refused, i canceled the card right then and there.

Supervisor came on the line and asked why i was canceling the card when i was just approved for the card............."Can you believe that".I told her that I wanted an increase to my other levels on my cards or a decent line period. They counter it with an increase of $400.00 Long story short...i cancel the card contacted all three credit bureaus and disputed the inquiry and accounts right off my reports.

Now this did cause me the recieve an alert on my reports for six month' but I do this to everyone who issues me a credit line i feel is too low and won't increase the credit line. (I don't recommend this action because it's not for everyone.)

King

Message 4 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Now this did cause me the recieve an alert on my reports for six month' but I do this to everyone who issues me a credit line i feel is too low and won't increase the credit line. (I don't recommend this action because it's not for everyone.)

King

What kind of alert?  I haven't heard of anyone doing this before, didn't know you could do that.

Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

austintex wrote:

What kind of alert?  I haven't heard of anyone doing this before, didn't know you could do that.

FA= fraud alert

Message 6 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

King

It's an (FA-Fraud Alert) and it stays on record for six months, it doesn't efffect anything you can still apply for all the credit you want and be approved it's just anyone you apply for credit with will contact you directly to verify identity with a few secuirty questions. I've been doing it for years, no problems for me.
Message Edited by 74king on 05-29-2009 10:32 AM
Message 7 of 42
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

If you get it- thats a good start, because they have no fees. With your low scores, the sad fact is that lenders will exploit you with low limits and high fees- you are only going to be treading water at best. You don't want to waste inquiries- because too many, and you will get denied everytime: here is a soltion- it takes time and patience- but creating good scores is also about creating good habits: Please review the following post:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=151556#M151556

Message Edited by moondog7324 on 05-29-2009 11:40 AM
Message 8 of 42
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

They only gave me $200 with about 680 at the time.  I kept the account for about 6 months and decided to close it just like I am doing with many of my accounts.
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 9 of 42
wanttobeinthe700club
New Contributor

thanks everyone for replying, i really do appreciate itSmiley Happy i finally got my letter today and was denied lol. but iam seriously thinking about getting a secured $300 card from my bank wells fargo. if anyone has anything bad to tell my about this bank with secured cards  i would love to hear about just so i have a heads upSmiley Happy thanks everyone.
Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.