applying for a target card!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: applying for a target card!

74king wrote:

@wmarat wrote:

I doubt that Target's CEO shops at Target,

NO....he shops thereSmiley Very Happy, based on this photograph of him in this cheap suit and tie. Yea that's a Target $100 special right there.  Smiley Very Happy

20080805_targetceo_33

If so, then the util on his Target card is 50%! Smiley Surprised

Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 42
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

roflmao @ hauling!! 

And his FICO took a major hit...and lookout!  Here come the CLD's!!

Message 22 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Comp5569 wrote:

I'm pretty sure 74king was kidding with that picture.  Being sarcastic.

I like how you two are arguing in several threads.  A new board rivalry?  

Yea,,he's following me around...Smiley Very Happy Can't get enough of the King i guess.Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wmarat wrote:

I doubt that Target's CEO shops at Target,

NO....he shops thereSmiley Very Happy, based on this photograph of him in this cheap suit and tie. Yea that's a Target $100 special right there.  Smiley Very Happy

20080805_targetceo_33

If so, then the util on his Target card is 50%! Smiley Surprised

Smiley Wink

Your right HaulingSmiley Wink

Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied I had decent scores, they approved me for $5K right away.
Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
When I applied I had decent scores, they approved me for $5K right away.

I got the same $5K Target Visa with lowish 700s score just before my BK fell off my reports. Betting you applied in store too. I think you get the best CLs that way.
Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the same $5K Target Visa with lowish 700s score just before my BK fell off my reports. Betting you applied in store too. I think you get the best CLs that way.

Nope! It was online, after reading the forums! LOL! I figured I'd get the $200, since that was what I had seen so many others get. Boy was I surprised!

Sometimes it seems like there's no rhyme or reason to who they accept or deny and what the CLs are! At the time I was a student, barely making anything!

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...so there goes that theory right out the window!  Totally surprises me. You're right, no rhyme or reason!

Message 28 of 42
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

I agree also..no rhyme or reason...I see that alot with alot of credit cards..I see people with judgements, alot of bad accounts get approved for cards you wouldnt think they could get.

I see some people have way higher scores that me and I just got approved for the target store card with a bk 7 that is 2 years old and they pulled transunion and I have a 604 score and I got a $300 limit..that was just on the 12th of june ..(2 days ago).. I don't however have any late pays on my report and haven't had an inquiry in 10 months..I know they deny people alot with alot of inquiries.

I was happy though.

Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied and was accepted for the Target Visa card for $300 with a credit score of 675.  6 months later they CLI to $5,200
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.