Established Member
wanttobeinthe700club

applying for a target card!

i just applied for a target card and was wondering if anyone knows kinda what score you need? the only score i have at the moment is EQ-518. someone said they might offer me a in store card for like $200 which anything would be fine with me lol. they told me they had to varify my address and they would send me a letter in 7-10 days if im approved.
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

Re: applying for a target card!

A $200 starting CL Target should be ashamed lol. There prices are to high to be starting anyone at a $200 CL.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
cartercorp

mjbfan79 wrote:

A $200 starting CL Target should be ashamed lol. There prices are to high to be starting anyone at a $200 CL.

I Agree. At the time of my approval with Target i had an EQ score of 713 and i recieved a cl of $200.
Frequent Contributor
74king

mjbfan79 wrote:

Exactly.....I applied some time ago and they gave me a line of $200 paltry dollars. Called them back up, asked for an immediate increase based on my other credit lines and perfect history period. They refused, i canceled the card right then and there.

Supervisor came on the line and asked why i was canceling the card when i was just approved for the card............."Can you believe that".I told her that I wanted an increase to my other levels on my cards or a decent line period. They counter it with an increase of $400.00 Long story short...i cancel the card contacted all three credit bureaus and disputed the inquiry and accounts right off my reports.

Now this did cause me the recieve an alert on my reports for six month' but I do this to everyone who issues me a credit line i feel is too low and won't increase the credit line. (I don't recommend this action because it's not for everyone.)

King

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
New Contributor
austintex

74king wrote:

Now this did cause me the recieve an alert on my reports for six month' but I do this to everyone who issues me a credit line i feel is too low and won't increase the credit line. (I don't recommend this action because it's not for everyone.)

King

What kind of alert?  I haven't heard of anyone doing this before, didn't know you could do that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
5/31/09 - 736 - EQ
Established Contributor
cartercorp

austintex wrote:

What kind of alert?  I haven't heard of anyone doing this before, didn't know you could do that.

FA= fraud alert

Frequent Contributor
74king

[ Edited ]

austintex wrote:

74king wrote:

King

It's an (FA-Fraud Alert) and it stays on record for six months, it doesn't efffect anything you can still apply for all the credit you want and be approved it's just anyone you apply for credit with will contact you directly to verify identity with a few secuirty questions. I've been doing it for years, no problems for me.
Message Edited by 74king on 05-29-2009 10:32 AM
Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Frequent Contributor
moondog7324

[ Edited ]

If you get it- thats a good start, because they have no fees. With your low scores, the sad fact is that lenders will exploit you with low limits and high fees- you are only going to be treading water at best. You don't want to waste inquiries- because too many, and you will get denied everytime: here is a soltion- it takes time and patience- but creating good scores is also about creating good habits: Please review the following post:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=151556#M151556

Message Edited by moondog7324 on 05-29-2009 11:40 AM
Frequent Contributor
dallasjetfan

They only gave me $200 with about 680 at the time.  I kept the account for about 6 months and decided to close it just like I am doing with many of my accounts.
Barclays US Air $15K| TTCU $13K| Chase Slate $10K| CapOne $6500|
Citi Simplicity $6100| Discover IT $6K| AMEX $3500
Established Member
wanttobeinthe700club

thanks everyone for replying, i really do appreciate it:smileyhappy: i finally got my letter today and was denied lol. but iam seriously thinking about getting a secured $300 card from my bank wells fargo. if anyone has anything bad to tell my about this bank with secured cards  i would love to hear about just so i have a heads up:smileyhappy: thanks everyone.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+