Established Contributor

Re: applying for a target card!

Sayre wrote:
I applied and was accepted for the Target Visa card for $300 with a credit score of 675.  6 months later they CLI to $5,200

Lots of folks here would love to know how you pulled that off!!
Valued Member

have no idea how.  Just received a notice in the mail that it was being increased.  I didn't question it, just smiled and accepted.

Starting Score: EQ 697 TU 709
Current Score: EQ 734 TU 720
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor

DW and I were in taget yesterday and when she paid with her Discover card, the cash register said she was rep-approved for a taget card.  Might be a cheap way to see if you could get a pre-approval without apping by bying something you need at Target and see what happens.  Sams also does that for their Discover from time to time but I havent seen it of late.
11/28/2014 FICO: EQ: 796 EX:788 TU:803
Valued Member

Was approved instantly at Target in 2007 with an initial credit line of $200 3 months later they raised it to $500 where it has stayed now for 2 years...I keep it open because there is no annual fee and there is a Target one block from my house...I guess they have really tightened up...I think their computer randomly selects people for their Visa card but they must have a strange formula.... I always maintain a zero balance there and now use one of my other rewards cards when I shop there instead of their card...When the economy picks up (soon we all hope) maybe they will improve  EQ 733    :smileyvery-happy:
Regular Contributor

ficofever wrote:
When I applied I had decent scores, they approved me for $5K right away.

$5000 cl at Target?! 

Never heard of that before  :smileysurprised:

Goal: acquire and use Credit Cards, scores in the 700's in 2009
05/04/08 FICOS: EQ = 626; TU = 636: EX = 623
06/21/09 FICOS: EQ = 692; TU = 729; EX = 731 (CCT FAKO)
10/03/11 FICO EQ = 722 (CCT EQ = 749)
Established Contributor

n2win wrote:

ficofever wrote:

$5000 cl at Target?! 

I was also given a $5000 CL wwhen I applied in store...what amazed me about his $5k limit was that he applied online and was given that limit.

Established Member

VEEnVEGAS wrote:

n2win wrote:

ficofever wrote:

$5000 cl at Target?! 

I was also given a $5000 CL wwhen I applied in store...what amazed me about his $5k limit was that he applied online and was given that limit.

She, actually. :smileyhappy:

ficofever = Tess 

Established Contributor

ficofever wrote:

VEEnVEGAS wrote:

n2win wrote:

ficofever wrote:

$5000 cl at Target?! 

She, actually. :smileyhappy:

ficofever = Tess 

Oops...sorry. Too funny, not sure why I assumed male.  :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor

I'm confused - are we mixing Target Visas and Target Store Cards?  I've never heard of a Target Store card with a CL of more than $1000.......... don't they usually just convert their Store Card holders to Target Visa?

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

QueenBean wrote:
I'm confused - are we mixing Target Visas and Target Store Cards?  I've never heard of a Target Store card with a CL of more than $1000.......... don't they usually just convert their Store Card holders to Target Visa?

I agree with ya.Its got to be the target visa..
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.