Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying to amex blue cash

tag
rob81
New Contributor

applying to amex blue cash

I really want the amex blue cash evryday.

I have had an amex prem. rewards gold charge card for almost 18 months( use very month and pay in full every month)400-1000 monthly

I have a cap one rewards card ($500 CL) balance $120.

Discover more card ($1700 CL) balance $650

and the amex is currently at 0 

before I apply for amex BCE I will pay off the capone card and cut the discover balance in half.

my scores are 665-670 , 2 hard pulls 11 months ago, 1 late payment 6 years ago on auto loan

I have already got some advice on here about this, just wanted more input. anyone else have luck getting BCE after having a charge card reationship?

back in the garden!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: applying to amex blue cash

@rob81 wrote:

I really want the amex blue cash evryday.

I have had an amex prem. rewards gold charge card for almost 18 months( use very month and pay in full every month)400-1000 monthly

I have a cap one rewards card ($500 CL) balance $120.

Discover more card ($1700 CL) balance $650

and the amex is currently at 0 

before I apply for amex BCE I will pay off the capone card and cut the discover balance in half.

my scores are 665-670 , 2 hard pulls 11 months ago, 1 late payment 6 years ago on auto loan

I have already got some advice on here about this, just wanted more input. anyone else have luck getting BCE after having a charge card reationship?

Amex LOVES charge card customers getting credit cards... you waited way longer than you needed to probably!

I would get the BCP though!!!

and I would EO the capital one about a credit line increase and I assume you have AF and no rewards... I would ask for those things to change too Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
rob81
New Contributor

THanks ... yea I find it strange cap one hasnt increased my CL, I do have rewards on it but do not really care bc the CL so low. My AF is $35 and I accepted at the time bc it was my first card a few years ago

But back to the amex, I hear mixed things about how they treat charge card customers when applying to credit cards. I hope you are right though. 

why the BCP though?

back in the garden!
Message 3 of 15
rob81
New Contributor

I was also wondering is it better to call  when applying or just apply online? does this even make a difference? I have mixed feelings on this , just wondering your opinion?

back in the garden!
Message 4 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@rob81 wrote:

I was also wondering is it better to call  when applying or just apply online? does this even make a difference? I have mixed feelings on this , just wondering your opinion?

BCP because I don't see how you can't make the AF worth it and if you really find you can't then downgrade next year but 6% grocery and bonus!

worse case you get denied, you already are a cardmember so it's just a SP.

Cap1 is looking like they are maybe starting to come around... but it's going to take Executive Office for this push to upgrade to Quicksilver and ask for a CLI to say $3k and remove that AF for ever... they will counter...

Just apply online, since you are a cardmember it practically fills the entire application for you and boom boom boom done.. get needs further processing... log back in to check status... boom approved! the system is sometimes funny to say further processing but process out in seconds!

Message 5 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I agree with CreditAddict, BCP is worth the AF. Since Amex SP's is cardmembers, you might want to double check your CR's and make sure that they haven't SPd you prior to your cc's updating. Reason is they will use the non updated sp as long as its fairly recent.

Don't forget to contact Cap 1.

Good luck!
Message 6 of 15
rob81
New Contributor

Thanks for the advice I will cotact capone asap. I will update back here in a few weeks when I apply for the amex( I want to pay discover down more before applying so my utilization is better)

back in the garden!
Message 7 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@rob81 wrote:

Thanks for the advice I will cotact capone asap. I will update back here in a few weeks when I apply for the amex( I want to pay discover down more before applying so my utilization is better)

I sent you private message with the Cap1 CEO E-mail that you send request to for product change to Quicksilver, AF Waiver, and CLI to $3000.

Message 8 of 15
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

There is a sign up bonus of $250 going around for the BCP. Free money!

Message 9 of 15
rob81
New Contributor

So creditaddict I know it's only been since Friday I sent the email to cap one. I grew inpatient today and found myself chatting with a rep online. They offered to upgrade me to quicksilver, take away my AF but not raise my credit limit. She also said by accepting the terms if the new card I would not be able to have a product change for 6 months or be eligible for any other cap one deals for 6 months. I explained how the quicksilver PC would be great but with no CLI whats the point. I'm going to wait it out a few more days. I hope someone calls who will actually do something. No AF is great and sure the extra points are too but 500$ CL after almost 4 years? Nothing is bad on my CR and the card is always paid.
back in the garden!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.