Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approved for Chase Slate & Discover More

tag
samint
Established Member

approved for Chase Slate & Discover More

I got approved for Chase Slate. I had an invitation lying around with a variable apr of 11.99%. I called in and was told my limit was 2000.

I applied early in the morning for Slate.

A couple of minutes ago, I decided to apply for the Discover More card from an offer I also had. I called in and asked what was my limit and was told 3000.

I didn't pull a fico report before either application, though i wish i did to give you guys an idea of what was on the report for anyone wanting to apply.

However the credit karma FAKO was 765 and the other vantage score was 806. no derogs of any kind.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ontop
Regular Contributor

Re: approved for Chase Slate & Discover More

Congrat Smiley Tongue

A 5k in available credit with just a little work is wonderful, isn't it?

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, 5K in new avail revolving credit is always a good thing.

Message 3 of 5
samint
Established Member

yes, both creditor's representatives were extremely friendly. the discover representative even asked me if 3k was enough. i figure it was ok and left it at that.

makes me wonder if i could have gotten more. but im thankful for the new accounts. specially the slate. this site is of tremendous help to getting to where i am now with credit responsibilities.

Message 4 of 5
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Discover reps always ask that question on the initial approval. I'm guessing it's part of the script. But if you answer NO and request a higher CL the script says "Well we will review your account in XX months and it is possible that the CL will be increased then."

The only answer they are programmed to hear from you is "Why yes, thank you."Smiley Indifferent

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.