cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approved for DCU visa platinum

Valued Contributor

approved for DCU visa platinum

Last night i apped for this card after i got another email from dcu inviting me to app for a CC. Approved instantly for 7500 and got to choose for the regular plat or the plat rewards but went with the regular cuz the apr was 11.99 and the rewards 14.99. It seems they want two last paystubs and recent bank statement.....

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: approved for DCU visa platinum

the new account for the visa has showed up online but it says limit 2000. is this for now since they asked for paystubs or are they known to change their mind like that? thanks

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 18
Moderator

Re: approved for DCU visa platinum


jsickz32 wrote:

Last night i apped for this card after i got another email from dcu inviting me to app for a CC. Approved instantly for 7500 and got to choose for the regular plat or the plat rewards but went with the regular cuz the apr was 11.99 and the rewards 14.99. It seems they want two last paystubs and recent bank statement.....


Congrats.  Not surprised on the paystubs and bank statement: DCU verifies income for virtually everything in excess of what many others do; however, beyond that quibble (I have no problem with their doing that honestly) I don't have anything to complain about in my relationship with them since they improved their originally terrible online interface to something markedly better.  Not world class yet but a big step in the right direction when it comes to customer interaction.

 

Out of curiosity what was your EQ FICO score as reported by them yesterday?

 

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 741, EX 2 776, EQ 8 809, TU 8 774, EX 8 822 (1/1/18)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 771, TU 4 750, EX 2 776, EQ 8 809, TU 8 774, EX 8 822 (01/01/19)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 18
Moderator

Re: approved for DCU visa platinum


jsickz32 wrote:

the new account for the visa has showed up online but it says limit 2000. is this for now since they asked for paystubs or are they known to change their mind like that? thanks


Not certain, CS800 might know.  I'd submit my paperwork and then politely ask.

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 741, EX 2 776, EQ 8 809, TU 8 774, EX 8 822 (1/1/18)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 771, TU 4 750, EX 2 776, EQ 8 809, TU 8 774, EX 8 822 (01/01/19)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: approved for DCU visa platinum


Revelate wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:

Last night i apped for this card after i got another email from dcu inviting me to app for a CC. Approved instantly for 7500 and got to choose for the regular plat or the plat rewards but went with the regular cuz the apr was 11.99 and the rewards 14.99. It seems they want two last paystubs and recent bank statement.....


Congrats.  Not surprised on the paystubs and bank statement: DCU verifies income for virtually everything in excess of what many others do; however, beyond that quibble (I have no problem with their doing that honestly) I don't have anything to complain about in my relationship with them since they improved their originally terrible online interface to something markedly better.  Not world class yet but a big step in the right direction when it comes to customer interaction.

 

Out of curiosity what was your EQ FICO score as reported by them yesterday?

 


the score i got from them says 681 EQ. so i guess even after 14 new accounts my score went up from 676.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 5 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: approved for DCU visa platinum


Revelate wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:

the new account for the visa has showed up online but it says limit 2000. is this for now since they asked for paystubs or are they known to change their mind like that? thanks


Not certain, CS800 might know.  I'd submit my paperwork and then politely ask.


i was wating for them to call me today because it said i was gonna be contacted in a few hours but nothing its now too late to call so i have to wait until monday grr. problem is applied for a health plan at the hospital and they asked me for my last three paystubs so i dont have any recent ones to give them.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 6 of 18
Moderator Emeritus

Re: approved for DCU visa platinum


jsickz32 wrote:

Revelate wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:

the new account for the visa has showed up online but it says limit 2000. is this for now since they asked for paystubs or are they known to change their mind like that? thanks


Not certain, CS800 might know.  I'd submit my paperwork and then politely ask.


i was wating for them to call me today because it said i was gonna be contacted in a few hours but nothing its now too late to call so i have to wait until monday grr. problem is applied for a health plan at the hospital and they asked me for my last three paystubs so i dont have any recent ones to give them.


 

They didn't photocopy them and let you keep the originals?

 


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: approved for DCU visa platinum


tinuviel wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:

Revelate wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:

the new account for the visa has showed up online but it says limit 2000. is this for now since they asked for paystubs or are they known to change their mind like that? thanks


Not certain, CS800 might know.  I'd submit my paperwork and then politely ask.


i was wating for them to call me today because it said i was gonna be contacted in a few hours but nothing its now too late to call so i have to wait until monday grr. problem is applied for a health plan at the hospital and they asked me for my last three paystubs so i dont have any recent ones to give them.


 

They didn't photocopy them and let you keep the originals?

 


nope they took them and put them on the folder with all my info.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 8 of 18
Moderator

Re: approved for DCU visa platinum


jsickz32 wrote:

nope they took them and put them on the folder with all my info.


Wierd; though, I would always suggest making photocopies of any documents and giving them rather than originals when people ask for them.

 

Who does your payroll?  If ADP or one of their competitors there's a good chance you can get them online... recently signed into the ADP site for one of my gigs and it turns out I could see all ADP paystubs there from any of the dozen or so ADP-using companies I've worked for lately.  Was kinda creepy Smiley Wink.

 

Alternatively I'd go down and ask for photocopies from the file the hospital has.  Worst case just submit the bank statements, and then forward copies of your next two paystubs to DCU.

 

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 741, EX 2 776, EQ 8 809, TU 8 774, EX 8 822 (1/1/18)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 771, TU 4 750, EX 2 776, EQ 8 809, TU 8 774, EX 8 822 (01/01/19)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: approved for DCU visa platinum

No idea who does my payroll...ill try to find an old one and see. Im gonna call DCU monday morning and ask if the limit its gonna raise once they get all the docs they want or if its gonna stay like that if so then i wont even bother.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 10 of 18