Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 339
Registered: ‎12-12-2007
0

approved for a 4,500 limit CC that has a 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months. Which CC ??

I need to add a screened in porch to my back patio.  I would like to be able to make payments over a year. I have enough credit with my existing credit cards to make the purchase (appx 4,000 dollars), but I would rather get approved for a credit card that has a 0% balance transfer offer for 12 months, AND gives me a high credit limit of 4,500 dollars appx.  Are there any credit cards that would give a high limit such as this and the 0% offer ? I have a very good credit score...currently at 680 I believe.

 

Thanks

God is keeping score....be good to others.
New Contributor
Posts: 50
Registered: ‎04-08-2010
0

Re: approved for a 4,500 limit CC that has a 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months. Which CC ??

 


firstinlastout wrote:

I need to add a screened in porch to my back patio.  I would like to be able to make payments over a year. I have enough credit with my existing credit cards to make the purchase (appx 4,000 dollars), but I would rather get approved for a credit card that has a 0% balance transfer offer for 12 months, AND gives me a high credit limit of 4,500 dollars appx.  Are there any credit cards that would give a high limit such as this and the 0% offer ? I have a very good credit score...currently at 680 I believe.

 

Thanks


 

Welcome!


I would not recommend opening up a new credit card for a one time purchase. It would be better to find a card that you can use for financing the porch & will want to use in the future. That having been said, bankrate.com has a decent list of what Credit Cards are out there.

 

Unfortunately, a 680 is considered a fairly low approvable score in today's tight credit market. Check out whogavemecredit.com to see what banks are commonly requiring.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 356
Registered: ‎06-25-2009
0

Re: approved for a 4,500 limit CC that has a 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months. Which CC ??

 


firstinlastout wrote:

I need to add a screened in porch to my back patio.  I would like to be able to make payments over a year. I have enough credit with my existing credit cards to make the purchase (appx 4,000 dollars), but I would rather get approved for a credit card that has a 0% balance transfer offer for 12 months, AND gives me a high credit limit of 4,500 dollars appx.  Are there any credit cards that would give a high limit such as this and the 0% offer ? I have a very good credit score...currently at 680 I believe.

 

Thanks


I would instead see if the company that's going to put the porch on has any type of special financing deals going.  I know people on these boards don't much like consumer finance companies, but they do have their uses, and this specifically is one of them.  T

 

AMEX Blue Cash - $15k, Lowes/GECRB - $10K, PNC - $10K, CIti Diamond Preferred - $10K, Home Depot/Citi - $7590, Best Buy Store/HSBC - $7400, Citi Platinum Select - $7150, Best Buy RZMC/HSBC - $5750, Dillards/GECRB - $4350, Discover More - $3600, Cap 1 Cash Rewards - $3000, Amex HHonors - $2000, State Farm - $2000, Cap 1 MTV - $1500
Regular Contributor
Posts: 246
Registered: ‎06-02-2008
0

Re: approved for a 4,500 limit CC that has a 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months. Which CC ??

 


warthog1984 wrote:

 

 

Welcome!


I would not recommend opening up a new credit card for a one time purchase. It would be better to find a card that you can use for financing the porch & will want to use in the future. That having been said, bankrate.com has a decent list of what Credit Cards are out there.

 

Unfortunately, a 680 is considered a fairly low approvable score in today's tight credit market. Check out whogavemecredit.com to see what banks are commonly requiring.


 

+1 to all of that.  great post.

 

I'm glad to see whogavemecredit.com still has legs.  The webmasters need to update the site interface, however.   Looks like Capital One's VENTURE card is the equivalent of Chase's INK: many apply, but the chosen are few.  very few.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 246
Registered: ‎06-02-2008
0

Re: approved for a 4,500 limit CC that has a 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months. Which CC ??

 


rbh wrote:

 

I would instead see if the company that's going to put the porch on has any type of special financing deals going.  I know people on these boards don't much like consumer finance companies, but they do have their uses, and this specifically is one of them.  T

 


+1, too.

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: approved for a 4,500 limit CC that has a 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months. Which CC ??

Hi, firstinlastout!

 

I'm wondering if places like Home Depot or Lowes offers this on their own store cards.  They sub out a lot to contractors, and I know they have the 0% if paid within a year type of things every so often.

 

Maybe that would work, but I really don't know.  Worth a look, though!

 

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,278
Registered: ‎06-01-2007
0

Re: approved for a 4,500 limit CC that has a 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months. Which CC ??

your score may play a factor in getting the approval you need, but may i ask why you are at a 680? any baddies reporting? high util?  short credit file?

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

700 Club
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 339
Registered: ‎12-12-2007
0

Re: approved for a 4,500 limit CC that has a 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months. Which CC ??

Thanks for the replies anyone. My score was 740, but I bought a house..had a baby....and now my utilization went way up.  I have a substantial amount of credit with Pentagon Federal Credit Union.....they have a 4.99 % 24-month balance transfer offer. I am going to use my rip-off 28% APR chase....and then tranfer the balance to my Pentagon card....and enjoy 4.99% for 24 months. Althought I plan to have it paid off withiin 6-12 months.

 

 

God is keeping score....be good to others.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,278
Registered: ‎06-01-2007
0

Re: approved for a 4,500 limit CC that has a 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months. Which CC ??

I would find out your exact scores for each bureau and then based on that, and the number of inq you have on each bureau, make an educated selection of whom you want to target for applying. thats the most logical way to move forward..

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

700 Club

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.