cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approved for discover it, but blue version?

tag
Butter41
Established Member

approved for discover it, but blue version?

got the itch to diversify my cc lineup, so apped for the discover it today. it asked me for my info, but instead of approving, it said they needed more info about job and housing status. so, i filled in the additional info. When the screen popped up, it said "sorry, we can't approve you for the card you were applying for, however, would you be willing to accept a card with different conditions?"

so, it looks like it's 0% apr for the first six months (instead of 14 months) and the apr is 22% instead of 19%. It also said, this is the discover it blue card.

Does anyone know what all of this means? Also, I wasn't given info about a credit limit.

thanks all

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: approved for discover it, but blue version?

@Butter41 wrote:

got the itch to diversify my cc lineup, so apped for the discover it today. it asked me for my info, but instead of approving, it said they needed more info about job and housing status. so, i filled in the additional info. When the screen popped up, it said "sorry, we can't approve you for the card you were applying for, however, would you be willing to accept a card with different conditions?"

so, it looks like it's 0% apr for the first six months (instead of 14 months) and the apr is 22% instead of 19%. It also said, this is the discover it blue card.

Does anyone know what all of this means? Also, I wasn't given info about a credit limit.

thanks all

think all is same except your 0% and APR after that.

Message 2 of 5
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

The "Discover it - Blue" is the default card design.

Discover it - Blue.png

Message 3 of 5
Butter41
Established Member

wow, just called backdoor number and found out my limit was $1800. My score went down a lot lately because my utilization is high now. Plus, I have limited income.

I am very surprised!    Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Welcome to the Discover family! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.