Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approved for discover more...im stunned

tag
ppiresny
Contributor

Re: approved for discover more...im stunned

I figured if I am going to get Citi I will wait for their diamond preferred offer to come in the mail.

also in case any one doesnt know, like i didn't know, the citi simplicity offer said that they are no late fees, i thought that was great but made me feel like this card was for people who don't have a good grip on their finances and a foot in the door with citi.

TU 708 EQ 690 EX 708(FCR)

Portfolio
Amex Zync NPSL,Amex Blue Cash Everyday $2700,Barclaycard iTunes rewards $2500,Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000,GAP Visa $1250,Express Store card $750,Dell Preferred Account $1500,Discover More $3000,Citi Diamond Preferred $9000,Chase Freedom $1500,Wells Fargo Auto Loan $19,000 @ 11%
Message 11 of 13
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

I know how you feel. Just two months ago I had $3800 worth of credit that I was managing for 3 years and just between last month and this month I went to over $36,000 my cards and scores are in my profile and congrats on the increases.

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to echo what getting started said.  Three years ago I had about 1800 in CL and now I have topped 40k.  Citi was my first choice in my recent app spree and I did learn a lesson.  I was approved, but I swear the acceptance said I was approved for a Thank You with 6k (highest limit to date) at 12.99%, well when I got the card it is 22.99%.  I could be right or wrong, but I attribute the increase in interest rate to the other 3 apps I did in 36 hours.  Improving credit must be done in baby steps, that helps prevent any major back slides and in time those baby steps equal massive gains Smiley Happy  I truly believe if my efforts had been more planned out and rational I would be in a much better credit position than I am today, even though I am not bad, I could be better Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.