Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approved for discover more...im stunned

tag
ppiresny
Contributor

approved for discover more...im stunned

so as some of you know i recently( as in Monday) got approved for amex bce$2700,amex zync npsl,chase sapphire preferred $5000 and a gap visa card $1250 and also a cli on my barclays itunes rewards card $2500. i just got home and noticed a discover pre approval letter in the mail,at first im like no you have enough then i said what the heck might as well get all the inquiries now. called up and got approved for $3000 0% apr for 15 months.

I am in awe because I went from having $1000 credit limit for 2 years to this. This is great, I guess being in a debt management program doesnt affect you.

also got a pre approval for citi simplicity but I am not applying for that since it seems like a sub prime card.

Next on my list after gardening is chase freedom, PC to amex gold and macys card then im done.

TU 708 EQ 690 EX 708(FCR)

Portfolio
Amex Zync NPSL,Amex Blue Cash Everyday $2700,Barclaycard iTunes rewards $2500,Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000,GAP Visa $1250,Express Store card $750,Dell Preferred Account $1500,Discover More $3000,Citi Diamond Preferred $9000,Chase Freedom $1500,Wells Fargo Auto Loan $19,000 @ 11%
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
remarc
Regular Contributor

Re: approved for discover more...im stunned

Awesome... what were your scores and history etc ??

Message 2 of 13
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Smiley Very Happy  Super congrats!  Feels good, doesn't it?

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 13
ppiresny
Contributor

guys it feels great and i just got approved for my auto loan for an audi as well.

i have 14 inq prolly plus 1 for discover.

7% utilization

6 yrs LOA 3.1 AAOA

3 lates for chase barclay and cap 1 in 2010

TU 708 EQ 694 AND EX 708 as per FCR.

I think I am done, don't wanna apply for more and get an account close by AMEX or Barclays..

Portfolio
Amex Zync NPSL,Amex Blue Cash Everyday $2700,Barclaycard iTunes rewards $2500,Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000,GAP Visa $1250,Express Store card $750,Dell Preferred Account $1500,Discover More $3000,Citi Diamond Preferred $9000,Chase Freedom $1500,Wells Fargo Auto Loan $19,000 @ 11%
Message 4 of 13
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

@ppiresny wrote:

so as some of you know i recently( as in Monday) got approved for amex bce$2700,amex zync npsl,chase sapphire preferred $5000 and a gap visa card $1250 and also a cli on my barclays itunes rewards card $2500. i just got home and noticed a discover pre approval letter in the mail,at first im like no you have enough then i said what the heck might as well get all the inquiries now. called up and got approved for $3000 0% apr for 15 months.

I am in awe because I went from having $1000 credit limit for 2 years to this. This is great, I guess being in a debt management program doesnt affect you.

also got a pre approval for citi simplicity but I am not applying for that since it seems like a sub prime card.

Next on my list after gardening is chase freedom, PC to amex gold and macys card then im done.

Wow, and I thought I was doing well to get a new card and 2 CLIs! Congrats!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juat be cautious and use your new found credit availability with care!!

Message 6 of 13
ppiresny
Contributor

thanks and i definitely will. when they come i am going to make a summary on my ipad on what cards offer what rewards, statement cut date,due date,limit etc, so i know what to use them for and also open date so i can request cli on the 61 day as i've read here

Portfolio
Message 7 of 13
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Great success! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Definately skip the Simplicity for now.  It is certainly not a subprime card, it's just not a rewards card.  But Citi hates, and I mean hates, inquieries.  Your chances of approval after the spree are slim at best. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome Congrats OP
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.