Congrats and welcome to the forum!

As others have stated, that card will grow well with you.  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 11 of 20
scoobieky
Valued Member

Re: approved for lowes card

So feeling on to of the world i applied for a Chase card and was not instantly denied so i card a backdoor number and was denied then for reasons stated in first post but GE got me feeling better with a Walmart card 900 Cl Smiley Happy no more apps for me as i am going to attempt to buy a new car in 4 months in garden mode...

Starting Score: EQmyFico 669
Current Score: EQ674 WallyTU 680 NFCU TU 670 came with the card I was approved for
Goal Score: 700

In garden until April 2014

Message 12 of 20
scoobieky
Valued Member

Edit called backdoor not card dang phone

Current Score: EQ674 WallyTU 680 NFCU TU 670 came with the card I was approved for

Message 13 of 20
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 14 of 20
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

The Lowes card really grows. In one year and a half I think, I've seen one go from 700 to 6k cl and now close to another increase.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 15 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It really does. Haha didn't even notice you said card. Kinda wish I owned a home so I could take advantage of some offers they have like now they have a 5.99% for 84 mos on purchases of $3500+!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 20
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@scoobieky wrote:
So feeling on to of the world i applied for a Chase card and was not instantly denied so i card a backdoor number and was denied then for reasons stated in first post but GE got me feeling better with a Walmart card 900 Cl Smiley Happy no more apps for me as i am going to attempt to buy a new car in 4 months in garden mode...

Chase usually won't approve you if you haven't had at least a year of reporting history. I learned my lesson with Chase years ago when I was first out the gate in the credit game.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 17 of 20
scoobieky
Valued Member

I've got a 9-10yr credit history my first 7 aren't great and i had an auto loan with chase before and was never late i thought that would account for something guess not oh well maybe in a year guess it's crap1 cards until then

Message 18 of 20
albinotiger
Established Member

I asked for my first cli from lowes but only 2 months after i got the card.. auto denied today.. it said they will send a letter explaing why i was declined.. i know everyone says soft pull, but will the leter have my latest score?.. or is that only with hard pulls..
Message 19 of 20
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

It won't say your score but instead be a generic letter telling you that you don't have enough experience with your current CL. You would have to call to request a recon on the increase.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.