Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arrival vs arrival+ car rental insurance

tag
red259
Super Contributor

arrival vs arrival+ car rental insurance

Is the car rental insurance the same between these two cards? I had the arrival+ and I have cash on it to redeem. I was going to rent a card this weekend and it would be nice to redeem the cashback on the rental, but I am worried that since I downgraded that my credit card insurance may have been downgraded as well? Is it the same insurance for each card? I believe someone told me it was but I thought I would ask because I need to make a booking shortly. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: arrival vs arrival+ car rental insurance

Do you have full coverage on your personal vehicle?  Then it won't matter other than saving the hassel of haggling that the Insurance Co and Rental Co will be doing to settle a claim.

Message 2 of 4
red259
Super Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

Do you have full coverage on your personal vehicle?  Then it won't matter other than saving the hassel of haggling that the Insurance Co and Rental Co will be doing to settle a claim.

No i do not have insurance so i will have to buy the personal injury supplemental from rental company but all the other stuff I am relying on credit card which will be primary. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 4
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Then I would just call the # on the back of the card and ask them to make sure.  Otherwise in the cardholder agreement there might be a clause where they cover as a secondary instead of primary thinking you have personal coverage in place.  Most cards though these days provide adequate coverage under their master policies.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.