Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@askamex (update)

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@askamex (update)

In one of Dunncarrs threads, we were discussing the moving around of CL's

I was recently bumped from $2800 CL on my Delta gold to $8400 Sunday at my 61 day mark.

I then applied for a Amex Costco TE and was approved with only a $2k limit.  I will not be able to request a 3x CLI at 61 days with this card, having just recieved a CL on the delta.

So not wanting to hurt my chances for any cards and not being issued at least a 5k CL, I sent a tweet over twitter to @askamex and within moments a Rachel direct messaged me her # and ext and picked-up on first ring.  After a few account security questions, she knocked out the request and had me on my way.

That's just CS that is hard to find.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
aplast
Regular Contributor

Re: @askamex

@Repo-ed wrote:

In one of Dunncarrs threads, we were discussing the moving around of CL's

I was recently bumped from $2800 CL on my Delta gold to $8400 Sunday at my 61 day mark.

I then applied for a Amex Costco TE and was approved with only a $2k limit.  I will not be able to request a 3x CLI at 61 days with this card, having just recieved a CL on the delta.

@Anonymous not wanting to hurt my chances for any cards and not being issued at least a 5k CL, I sent a tweet over twitter to @askamex and within moments a Rachel direct messaged me her # and ext and picked-up on first ring.  After a few account security questions, she knocked out the request and had me on my way.

That's just CS that is hard to find.

great to know! I was wondering how they were going to handle those questions, and it sounds like they did a stand up job. thanks for sharing!

Message 2 of 10
rtw
Established Contributor

Thanks for that information!

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 3 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Interesting, always good to hear such positive experiences!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 10
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

They always do a good job when I speak to them.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 5 of 10
awal
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm having a sync issue and online account messages to CSRs just get me excuses... Time to try twitter...
Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 6 of 10
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Their twitter account is great.  I've only tweeted one question to @askamex but I got a response in like...a minute and 30 seconds, no joke.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 7 of 10
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

***UPDATE***

Recieved a letter today from Amex advising that they have declined my CL transfer from my Delta Gold, to my Costco TE, due to not having the Delta card opened long enough.

I'm sorta of torn on how I feel about this, but won't lose sleep.

The Costco TE will have it's lowly $2k limit for 6 months, and then hopefully I can get it to at least 5k.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 8 of 10
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

that's lame

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 9 of 10
slippy84
Contributor

Dang, tough luck with the letter you received.

Thought I would share that CitiBank also has a very responsive twitter account @AskCiti that I had a fantastic experience with last week after some frustration with my credit card online account. Similar story to yours with very prompt responses (<10 mins) and a personal phone call from them. They requested I send them a direct message with my phone number and a time to call.

US Bank Cash+ -- Chase Freedom -- Citi Dividend -- Citi Double Cash -- AMEX BCE -- Discover It
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.