Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asking PenFed for CLI after the 60-90 days are up

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

asking PenFed for CLI after the 60-90 days are up

Those of us veterans who have had PenFed for more than 90 days, so that the all you can eat period is now up: have any of you tried for a CLI online or in person, and if so, was it a hard or a soft?

I'm too chicken to test the online CLI request (through the loan page) to see if it tells you one way or the other, after my surprise acquisition of a Best Buy card doing the same thing. Smiley Sad The BB is one of two cards that I'd ready to close, but it does have a $2500 CL, so I'd like to try to cover that elsewhere.

And I know that there's no real reason to close these two cards, but I'm not thrilled about being an HSBC and Juniper/Barclays customer, and I'm a few cards over my comfort level. These, plus Sears and J.Crew, are on death row in CC land.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: asking PenFed for CLI after the 60-90 days are up

hauling unless you see a pre approved offer it will be a hard pull.
Message 2 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@smallfry wrote:

That's what I figured, and I don't even want to click the button to go on to that page! Smiley Very Happy thanks
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 17
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

I won't even be tempted to ask Penfed..

O o O o .. Nooo I wont....

Ohh hauling, you're BAD!... bad... Bad!
Message 4 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

That's what I figured, and I don't even want to click the button to go on to that page! Smiley Very Happy thanks

IF you have a preapproved offer it will show when you open the third page you visit once you log on to Penfed. It will appear above your accounts middle to the top of the page no need to click on anything it will be quite obvious once you can view share/money market and credit card accounts.
Message 5 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@smallfry wrote:

IF you have a preapproved offer it will show when you open the third page you visit once you log on to Penfed. It will appear above your accounts middle to the top of the page no need to click on anything it will be quite obvious once you can view share/money market and credit card accounts.

Just to clarify, are you talking about the screen that appears after you click "View Credit Cards" (don't currently have a MMA with them), and the CC then appears along with and underneath the share account and car loan, and you can start clicking the radio buttons to make a payment? They don't name their pages, but if we're talking about the same one, mine's URL begins https://online2.penfed.org/NetTeller/NetTeller/NetTeller.asp?form= , followed by a bunch of letters and numbers.

Thanks for the info! I didn't even realize that at some point, a pre-approval would emerge.

(For those who don't have PenFed, they are a fantastic CU, but the word "baffling" doesn't begin to describe their website.)
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe I opened my Penfed account on the same day as Hauling... I am nervous about a CLI... But I will be watching for the preapproval offer.  How exciting! Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Hauling the first page you put your username in the box then click to enter. Second page has your phrase and your chosen picture. It will ask for your password or if it is saved into your browser you just click log in. The next page (third page) shows your accounts. MM and checking will show balances but in order to view your credit card you have to click view credit cards. If you have a pre approval it will be visible on this page. Presently all I can see on this page is the 4.25% auto loan offer. IF I had a pre approved CC or CLI it would appear here.
Message 8 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Gotcha, thanks!

I am typically oblivious to little pop-up messages on websites. They pretty much have to come up off the screen and whack me over the head to catch my attention, so it's good to know what to look for.

I'm getting the 4.25% ad, too, and sadly, I have a 4.99% loan with them. I was so proud of it until recently. Smiley Sad But there's no way that I'm collecting any more EQ inqs!
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump & Question...
Has anyone yet seen this preapproved offer for CLI? If so, how well did you do? I'm not even 60 days yet with them, but I'm curious as to the possibility of bumping my crap limit without incurring a hard in the next few months.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.