Valued Contributor
jmbfl

Re: asking PenFed for CLI after the 60-90 days are up

I'm betting these pre-approved offers are few and far between...
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

jmbfl wrote:

I'm betting you are correct. However, I'd love for us to be proven wrong!
Established Contributor
EddieX

I just got in like a few weeks ago. Does that mean I have to wait 90 days before they'll pull a new report? When I applied for a card I got some weird message about pyramids. I looked at my report and it didn't look like I was in Egypt. Almost all my cards are paid off. Would like a big boy card with a real limit so I can slowly get rid of the old high interest cards.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Credit repair - the Ski Mask Way.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

It means that you can apply for additional PenFed products during this time period without additional hard inqs.

PenFed frequently uses the term "pyramiding debt" when they think that you've been applying for a lot of new credit. They wonder what you're up to. The term is really supposed to mean increasing your total credit limits without reducing your total debt, but PenFed has its own spin.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
EddieX

I had to jump through hoops to be a member. They better open the door and give me a credit card or...or...or...I'll have to...go somewhere else for credit :smileyvery-happy:

I do have a citiflex account which is kind of new and that's because I had to recon with Citi and they took forever. And I got a card out of that too so those are new but the card has not been used at all and the flex hasn't been flexed out.

It's a shame that when you try to better your credit situation you get held back by glass ceilings. I went from fighting rats for rusty high interest soup cans to eating low interest filet mignon and my cards should match.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Credit repair - the Ski Mask Way.
Senior Contributor
smallfry

jmbfl wrote:

Clean EQ and high scores along with a solid payment history. I've only seen a few over at CB who have received these offers.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

smallfry wrote:

jmbfl wrote:
Clean EQ and high scores along with a solid payment history. I've only seen a few over at CB who have received these offers.

Well, it will be a while for me, then. :smileysad:

Great payment history, but barring a miracle, it will be a good long while before EQ is clean. Clean-ish, maybe, but not clean.

Ah well, it took a while to screw up my credit history, and it will take a while to shine it back up.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}