Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorised user

tag
stengiz
Regular Contributor

authorised user

i am an authorised user on a friend's cc , she told me about her intention of doing a balance transfer. would the balance transfer lower my utilization? thanks

last app July 13 2016
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: authorised user

Message 2 of 9
stengiz
Regular Contributor

she is transfering into the credit card. as of now there is no balance on the card.and i have used it once or twice

last app July 13 2016
Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Let's try this again.  Currently the cc has no balance and your friend wants to use the credit line from this card as a BT to another card?

Message 4 of 9
stengiz
Regular Contributor

sorry for the confusion but that is right

last app July 13 2016
Message 5 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@stengiz wrote:

sorry for the confusion but that is right

If she plans on using the credit line- assuming your balances remain the same- your overall util will go up.  

Message 6 of 9
stengiz
Regular Contributor

thank you. Should i take myself out as an authorized user then? since i am not using it and won't be using it anyways? will it affect my AoA?

last app July 13 2016
Message 7 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@stengiz wrote:

thank you. Should i take myself out as an authorized user then? since i am not using it and won't be using it anyways? will it affect my AoA?

If you take yourself off before the new balance updates you will not have to remove it from your CR's. In some cases, a lender may continue to report - in that case you would need to have the TL removed from your CR's and that would impact your AAOA. 

Message 8 of 9
stengiz
Regular Contributor

thank you again

last app July 13 2016
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.