Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorized user dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

authorized user dispute?

hi all

If i file a dispute to remove myself as an authorize user on someones else account, will the account only be removed from my credit report or will i officially lose the ability to use the card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: authorized user dispute?

I would call and ask. Might get it done over the phone real quick.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why dont you just ask the owner of the account to remove you from thier account? It is easier that way. You could also call yourself though! Good Luck

Message 3 of 4
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

I did this with a Chase card I was an AU on. They still reported it to my reports but just as not responsible for the debt/relationship terminated. I had to dispute the accounts after that to get them all the way off my reports.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.