Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorized user revisited with average age of accounts

tag
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

authorized user revisited with average age of accounts

I am considering asking a good friend to add me as an authorized user on his 20+ year account with perfect payment history.  

I understand AU accounts don't count much and some creditors ignore the AU tradelines competely when factoring their formula for approval.   However there is one element that isn't visible to underwriting and is often not associated to any particular account.  It's the AAoA.    

All else ignored Would the AU account aid in creating a better AAoA?   If so this may be the final chance for the little guy to start or rebuild credit.  

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: authorized user revisited with average age of accounts

@Fico2Go wrote:

I am considering asking a good friend to add me as an authorized user on his 20+ year account with perfect payment history.  

I understand AU accounts don't count much and some creditors ignore the AU tradelines competely when factoring their formula for approval.   However there is one element that isn't visible to underwriting and is often not associated to any particular account.  It's the AAoA.    

All else ignored Would the AU account aid in creating a better AAoA?   If so this may be the final chance for the little guy to start or rebuild credit.  

Rebuild... you have 2 Amex Cards!!

Message 2 of 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: authorized user revisited with average age of accounts

@Fico2Go wrote:

AAOA counts as 10% of your FICO.  Those same lenders that have algorithms set to discount AU trade lines would probably include the added AAOA. Just my opinion

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.