Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto CLI from Macy's!

tag
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

auto CLI from Macy's!

I am shocked. I was just checking out my credit reports and Macy's just upped my cl from 400 to..2,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Surprised Then I checked out my jc penny account and that was also up!(after they declined a cli online)! This all happened right after I got my new Discover More cardSmiley Very Happy Man, life is good!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: auto CLI from Macy's!

WOW congrats!! I heard they take a while to do the CLI. how long have you had these cards?
Message 2 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

scramblingin2007 wrote:
I am shocked. I was just checking out my credit reports and Macy's just upped my cl from 400 to..2,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Surprised Then I checked out my jc penny account and that was also up!(after they declined a cli online)! This all happened right after I got my new Discover More cardSmiley Very Happy Man, life is good!

Congrats! Macy's did the same for me nearly two years ago...original CL of 400 and auto CLI to 2K. I had the card for about 6 months when this happened. I found out the same way you did too.
Message 3 of 10
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

With Macy's you should be able to request a CLI every six months. Also, if you use the card a lot at the store, they will often just automatically update it as your spending habits increase. I have the Bloomingdale's version and shop there a lot. After having it for three months, I was able to get them to increase my limit from 1500 to 2100 due to my spending pattern. I tried to get an increase again two months later, but they told me I had to wait the six months for a request, but that I may be eligible before then for an automatic increase. Bloomie's and Macy's (same corp.) like to see activity on the cards, when it's occurring the amount they can increase you increases.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 4 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Macy's said I can request for CLI every 3 months. I got CLI from $200 to 400 last month. I was going to wait couple of months and ask them for CLI again.
Message 5 of 10
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm, maybe I should call back before the six months then, lol, can't hurt.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG scrambling! That's some cli! Smiley Happy Congrats.

And a cli on the Penny's card, AND the new Discover card! Life is good.
Message 7 of 10
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

The funny thing is, I never use my macy's card! I've had it since 97 when it was Filenes, then it went inactive for a long time, called to change it to a macy's card in Nov 07, had a 200 cl..used it one time in nov 07..paid in full...has been socked drawered since that 1 purchase and bam 2K cli! I just have a feeling I am getting looked at more now that I have this wonderful discover card...now if only wamu accepts me...7-10 days  ughhh
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS --HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAH THE ACCOUNTS?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I GOT MACYS INCREASE AFTER 4 MOS--SAME WITH WALMART--GOING TO TRY NEXT MONTH ON MY JCP CARD--HOWEVER I AM PLEASED I HAD HIGHER LIMIT ON THAT CARD THAN THE OTHER TWO STARTING OFF...
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.