Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

b of a secured

tag
granny031350
Established Contributor

b of a secured

so feeling good about my jcpenny approval, I decided to try for a platinum plus card with b of a.  I knew I would be denied but was hoping for the 99/500 offer.  I was offered the 100 percent secured card, not the 99/500.  However it said it was guaranteed approval as soon as I give them my deposit. 

So I have a B of A keep the change checking account (new) and in the spring want to apply through them for an FHA mortgage.

So I figured the secured card, on time payments would be a good way to show them I can pay my bills on time.

has anyone been offered the 99/500 lately or is that no longer available, just the 100 percent secured?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: b of a secured

I got my 99/500 card about 8 months ago and due to become unsecure next month. I dont know what is going on wiht 99/500 card approvals. Even fully secured card with BOA is good as it would become unsecure and you would get a good CLI after that.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAIT UNTIL U GET THE DENAIL LETTER IN THE MAIL MY OFFER CAME WITH THAT..GREAT CARD I LOVE IT
Message 3 of 7
granny031350
Established Contributor

ok  I printed out the acceptance of the fully secured so will wait for the letter to send it in with my account info so they can transfer it to the card.  I hope it comes with the 99/500 but if not, 300 secured is ok too.

thanks
Message 4 of 7
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Was offered 99/500 online (and via email) in late april 08.  the denial letter had the offer for the ‘fully secured’ though.  after much back and forthing, BA said it was a glitch.  In the end, BA ended up giving me the 99/500

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Platinum and was denied, but was offered the fully secured.  I waited a while and applied for the student card.  I was denied for that as well and was offered the fully secured. 
 I received both the fully secured offer and the 99\500 offer in the mail.
I now have the 99/500.  1 month down, 8 months (hopefully) to go.....
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi granny, Smiley Happy

I agree with some of the other posts here
in the room. I'd sit tight until you get the
written denial via snail mail before sending
in your secured card application. Smiley Happy

It seems quite a few folks who now have 99/500
cards were "approved" for the fully secured card.
Why send in $300 for a $300 card when you might
get a $500 limit for $99, right? It's worth the wait. Smiley Happy

Please let us know how it turns out. We'll be thinking
positive thoughts. Good luck to you! Smiley Very Happy

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.