Senior Contributor
lg8302ch

back to seedling :) - will I ever get beyond bronze spade?

Some people are just not made for gardening?  Well I stepped right back now and hope I will manage to get beyond bronze spade next time. With a very  slim chance for approval I could not resist in apping for the Barclay Arrival World MC. After the initial 10 day review message I was convinced this will be a straigt denial due to my too many recent inquires and 5 new accounts in less than 6 months.  After a call yesterday from the security department confirming that it was me that applied I got a nice message today:

Congratulations! You have been approved for the Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard®. 

Barclay made my day !  Still cannot believe it until I have the card in my hands :heart:

FICO® EQ 795 (as of today) - TU 778 (11/28) * Fako EX 811 (12/02 - CS) * last app 12/16/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 4, EX: 5, EQ: 3

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Seedling Garden Club member *
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Re: back to seedling :) - will I ever get beyond bronze spade?

Congrats on your new card!  Back to the garden with ye!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
ElCamino

Congrats!

What made you break out of the garden? Was it the card itself, or the awesome sign up bonus that Barclay is offering for the card?

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Super Contributor
enharu

Grats!!!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Senior Contributor
lg8302ch

ElCamino wrote:

Congrats!

What made you break out of the garden? Was it the card itself, or the awesome sign up bonus that Barclay is offering for the card?

Thanks. Kind of both. Since Citi is charging me on every AA.com ticket in USD a foreign transaction fee of 40-80$ because it is processed in Houndlow,  I decided to look for an alternative travel card without the foreign transaction fee. Chase CSP cannot be applied before 2014 so I decided to go with Barclay Arrival. Looks to me like very good card for my needs as 80% of my charges are in foreign currencies or processed outside the US. It complements the BofA travel rewards card nicely. Discover IT lacks so much of acceptance in Europe. For the moment I am really set with my cards and looking forward to that Barclay card.  

FICO® EQ 795 (as of today) - TU 778 (11/28) * Fako EX 811 (12/02 - CS) * last app 12/16/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 4, EX: 5, EQ: 3

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Seedling Garden Club member *
Mega Contributor
LS2982

lg8302ch wrote:

Some people are just not made for gardening?  Well I stepped right back now and hope I will manage to get beyond bronze spade next time. With a very  slim chance for approval I could not resist in apping for the Barclay Arrival World MC. After the initial 10 day review message I was convinced this will be a straigt denial due to my too many recent inquires and 5 new accounts in less than 6 months.  After a call yesterday from the security department confirming that it was me that applied I got a nice message today:

Congratulations! You have been approved for the Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard®. 

Barclay made my day !  Still cannot believe it until I have the card in my hands :heart:

CONGRATS!! :smileyhappy:

(Your thread has been flagged and submitted to the emergency response team) 

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
drkaje

Considering the savings, it made good financial sense.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
lg8302ch

thanks to all

@LS and Webhopper... I prepared the handcuffs already just in case..so no more itchy fingers and from now stay firmly in the garden :smileyhappy:.....the good thing is the fewer cards that interest me the easier gardening will be :smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

Congrats!  Now that you have one of the cards you wanted, you can stay a little longer in the garden.

09Lexie

myFICO Emergency Response Team alerted!
Return to the garden immediately!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}