Valued Member
hopefull700

balance charged off still reporting as balance due????

Can a credit card company still report an account balance after charging off the balance?????

WFNNB charged off a small balance (that I honestly did not know existed) back in 2005.  they continued to report a balance due on my credit reports killing me..Only found out about it after pulling credit reports.  Never received a statement, phone call or anything asking me to pay the small amount.

I did send in the balance in June 2009 (probably should not have but I did) attempting to clear it.  Now they have not reported since June.

Any ideas in getting this deleted.  I sent to the CRA copy of cancelled check showing payment.  I have not heard anything back.  WFNNB refuses to correct or delete.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+