Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

balance transfer card

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

balance transfer card

I will be looking for a balance transfer card probably in the next few months cuz my current 0% ends in june. It is currently on a chase freedom so getting a slate 

will not be possible. any suggestions?

Here is a list of my current cards:

Amex Plat

Amex SPG

CSP

Chase Freedom

Discover IT

Thanks

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DomoNomo
Contributor

Re: balance transfer card

I'm planning to open a Citi Simplicity Card in Febuary of 2014 to transfer my loan balance over.  It has an 18 month 0% APR and will be just enough months for me to pay it off without interest.

Message 2 of 8
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

just checked my usaa account and i have a preselected offer for a world master card which is 0% on balance transfer up to 5/12015 ..offer expires on 11/30 of this month .. so i guess that is an option .. the card i open i will close once it is paid off ..

any others I should check out ?
Message 3 of 8
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

The problem I have found with CITI is that they are not very generous on credit lines
Message 4 of 8
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Sorry for all the posts .. from quickly researching it seems my options are:

USAA .. or Citi simplicity or Thank you preferred ..

If my current 0% is up in June of 2014 .. when should i apply for one of these cards to transfer ?
Message 5 of 8
DomoNomo
Contributor

Try logging into your Discover it and Amex account and go under Credit Options to see if there are any Balance transfer are offered to you.  My citi card is currently giving me 0% apr for 12 months on balance transfer and new purchases.

Message 6 of 8
DomoNomo
Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:
Sorry for all the posts .. from quickly researching it seems my options are:

USAA .. or Citi simplicity or Thank you preferred ..

If my current 0% is up in June of 2014 .. when should i apply for one of these cards to transfer ?

At least a month or two prior, because it can take up to 3 weeks to transfer your balance and you're still obligated to pay your minimum during that time.

Message 7 of 8
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

just check amex and discover and have nothing .. so I guess USAA will be it since I hear they are generous with credit lines
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.