Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

balance transfer?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: balance transfer?

@Anonymous wrote:
I think what op is saying is that he makes the 3k spend on the csp and transfers the balance to citi, a 0% Apr card, and while won't receive extracash with citi, he'll definitely receive the ur points from chase.

How many points are we talking and what is the value of those bonus points?

The BT is 3,4%??

Does that make it still a bonus or are you wiping out the bonus with fees?

Message 11 of 15
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

I believe if I spend 3k on the card I get an additional 40,000 bonus points. I'm not sure what the Citi card BT rate is...I guess I need to look although I am still waiting to get the card. I pry won't transfer unless it's 0% (which I thought I saw but very well could be wrong)
Message 12 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@s_rob7488 wrote:
I believe if I spend 3k on the card I get an additional 40,000 bonus points. I'm not sure what the Citi card BT rate is...I guess I need to look although I am still waiting to get the card. I pry won't transfer unless it's 0% (which I thought I saw but very well could be wrong)

no it most likely is 0% for 12,15,21 months but you have to "usually" pay a BT Fee which is typically between 3-5% (that would be a 1 time fee and then that balance would be 0% for however many months they are offering.

But if this is a new card that you are trying to get the bonus points on, does it not have 6,12 months 0% on Purchases and BT? You would not even have to BT if it is 0%

Message 13 of 15
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

I got sapphire preferred and it's 15.24% right away (at least mine is). I just want to avoid having to pay interest! I had to buy a couch as the one I had didn't fit into my new apartment and wanted to get my spending to the 3k threshold.
Message 14 of 15
Open123
Super Contributor

If it's the only way to manage it, 3% fee for 40k points is still worth it.

For instance, if I paid $3k worth of taxes, the fee would be $150, but I receive $400 which nets $250.  It's still worth it for a something that I must spend regardless.  I wouldn't spend for the sake of spending just to meet the requirement, but only things you would spend anyway.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.