Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

banana republic vents, 4 HPs!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

banana republic vents, 4 HPs!!!!

so i applied for the banana republic card last night, and whether i got approved or not, that would end my app spree for another year. anyhoo, got the 7-10 days msg, called this monrning to check status and to recon, a nice lady was telling me that it needs further verification bc there were mutliple applications submitted. she verified all my info, came back and said she removed 3 apps and sent one to CW to make a decision. i asked her if all 4 would resulted in 4 HPs on my report and she said yes and apologized bc their website experienced a glitch last night where the submit button would be pressed multiple times on its own. OMG!!!!! i would be very livid if i dont get approved, are you kidding me? 4 HPs for one crappy banana republic card? what can i do myfico friends?????

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

Re: banana republic vents, 4 HPs!!!!

Call and have them remove 3 of them.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

could i call the same number and ask them to remove, i did asked her but she said they will only remove if its a fraudulent app, in this case its not, i didnt want to make her mad bc i thought she was going to approve my app, but no! Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 17
Jimmy9224
Contributor

I would try and disputing it, it was their fault so you can't possibly lose. Call the credit bureau they pulled and ask to dispute.. That's if the CSR doesn't remove the 3 other inquires
My wallet : Amex Zync NPSL , Discover More $3500, BankAmericard Cash Rewards $1000, Walmart Discover $1400, Chase Freedom $1000, Capital one Platinum $1000, Macy's Store card $100, Amazon Store card $1400, Southwest rapid rewards $5000, Marriot Visa $5000. Barclay Apple $1200
Message 4 of 17
logan_720
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so i applied for the banana republic card last night, and whether i got approved or not, that would end my app spree for another year. anyhoo, got the 7-10 days msg, called this monrning to check status and to recon, a nice lady was telling me that it needs further verification bc there were mutliple applications submitted. she verified all my info, came back and said she removed 3 apps and sent one to CW to make a decision. i asked her if all 4 would resulted in 4 HPs on my report and she said yes and apologized bc their website experienced a glitch last night where the submit button would be pressed multiple times on its own. OMG!!!!! i would be very livid if i dont get approved, are you kidding me? 4 HPs for one crappy banana republic card? what can i do myfico friends?????

If its crappy...why did you apply? 

Message 5 of 17
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

could i call the same number and ask them to remove, i did asked her but she said they will only remove if its a fraudulent app, in this case its not, i didnt want to make her mad bc i thought she was going to approve my app, but no! Smiley Sad

Ask to speak to a supervisor or check the backdoor numbers stickies and call that. Because the multiple apps were not your fault they have to remove the ones that were placed in error. 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@logan_720 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

im just mad, its not that crappy, i shop there alot Smiley Happy still mad though

Message 7 of 17
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

It's possible she is wrong in saying it would be 4 HP's. I had the same thing happen when I applied for Macy's. I was approved and very quickly received my card in the mail. The very next day after I received the card, I received 2 denials from Macy's in separate envelopes, both stating the time between applications was too short. Confused, I called in and spoke with a manager of some sort who said I got the letters because I applied 3 times in one day. I asked him whether he thought someone would ever apply 3 times in the same day for a card and he said no. I asked if that meant 3 HP's were done and he indicated that one HP was used for all 3. To be sure, I used one of the "denials" to get my free credit report ( Smiley Very Happy) from the agency they pulled and he was right--just one HP.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 8 of 17
logan_720
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@logan_720 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

im just mad, its not that crappy, i shop there alot Smiley Happy still mad though

Smiley Very Happy I would ask them to remove the other 3 pulls, as it is not your fault, you technically did not authorize them.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

calling now, will let you guys know the results

@Anonymous wrote:

@logan_720 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.