Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bank of america goodwill letter fail.

tag
legacys7
Regular Contributor

bank of america goodwill letter fail.

i've noticed that a few members on here have sucessfully had a negative taken off that was their fault taken off buy b.o.a. i used a sample letter from here, but got rejected. they say that they can't do it due to procedures with the credit bureaus and law. what am i missing here where others didn't have this issue?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
legacys7
Regular Contributor

Re: bank of america goodwill letter fail.

thanks in advance.

Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You might want to post this in the Rebuilding Forum for more advice.
Message 3 of 7
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Send the letter 50 more times.

Good will is a game of odds.  You need to get the right person on the right day that just goes with it. 

Don't get frustrated.  Keep trying..... rebuilding can take years. 

Good Luck..... get the stamps ready!

Message 4 of 7
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I think it's all totally random. I too heard the success stories of other getting B of A to remove accurate information from their credit reports but as you, I was always rejected. I probably have mailed them at least 10 GW letters. B of A is a tough nut to crack. I've had success with CapOne, HSBC and others. My advice to you is to just keep trying, that's what I'm doing. Other than that, you can wait for the negative information to fall off your reports.
Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

should one mail just 1 GW at a time or can you literally send like 2 a day for a month or until you get one back saying it's done??

Message 6 of 7
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Honestly, I've gotten the best results when disputing the negative accounts with the 3 credit reporting agencies. There have been times I wrote GW letters and was flat out denied. But when I disputed the information with the bureaus, it usually gets deleted.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.