cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

banks that allow joint Credit Cards?

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: banks that allow joint Credit Cards?

@MazdaSpeed wrote:
Thanks, I was talking about CC's I know the risks, and the pros out weigh the cons

I disagree.  Especially if it's a spouse with the same address.  An AU account will impact the score the same way under most models.  DW had a few old acounts and added me as an AU, which really helped my score.

If you can get most of the pros without the cons it's worth looking at.

Message 21 of 37
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

@p- That's your opinion, and for me, the person isn't at my address, so the pros do indeed out weigh the cons

That said I did add them to my amex account as an AU so they're going to wait a few months and apply for a card, if they get it, because of their deferred student loans and the AU amex account I will not add them as a joint user on a card

Also with an AU, there is still almost just as much cons considering they can run up a bill and only the primary holder is liable(both AU and joint are risky and I understand that)
fico 747
Message 22 of 37
p-
Valued Contributor

@MazdaSpeed wrote:
Also with an AU, there is still almost just as much cons considering they can run up a bill and only the primary holder is liable(both AU and joint are risky and I understand that)

Ah, that's the key..  Just don't give them a card.  You make them an AU, have the card sent to your house, and immediately shred it.  They get the AU benefit, without you risking default.  If the benefit is good enough, it helps them get a card in their own name. 

I recomnmend you search the forum here for some joint user stories. 

Message 23 of 37
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

I'm not worried about horror stories bad things can happen doing anything in life.

I just made this forum for some information on what banks do joint users,

But thanks
fico 747
Message 24 of 37
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

OP, since you started the topic asking 'Does anyone have experience adding someone to an account as a joint user with banks besides Chase?' I think the good AND the bad is extremely relevant.

Message 25 of 37
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

But that's not this thread,
that advice would be relevant on the other thread

fico 747
Message 26 of 37
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

OP, the quote was from your first post. Maybe I don't understand what you are asking.
Message 27 of 37
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

No, I'm just an idiot, Lol my bad, I got confused, but I asked that to see if anyone had done it recently to see if the CSR just didn't know what they were talking about

But anyways I got the info I needed, thanks everyone.
fico 747
Message 28 of 37
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 29 of 37
enharu
Super Contributor

Bit unrelated: Becareful who you are trying to add as AUs. If he/she is a relative, spouse or partner, you ought to be fine. Selling AU spots to people to bump up their credit however, can get you into big trouble.

Back to topic....
Citi, Wells Fargo, discover, us bank, Bank of America allows joint applications from what I know.

You ought to stop applying though. You are threading on much thinner ice than I am.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.