cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

banks that allow joint Credit Cards?

tag
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Re: banks that allow joint Credit Cards?

@enharu I try to keep it vague, because its my girlfriend, (soon to be fiancé) and I don't feel like listening to people talk about how its a bad idea to add your girlfriend

I am not selling my AU! Haha, terrible idea

And I didn't make this thread to find another card to app for but to see if any of the cards I have all joint users, turns out discover does

In July she's going to apply for the discover it student card

Hoping her deferred student loans and my amex au will get her approved, if not I'll be adding her as a joint user at that time on my discover card

But thanks for making sure I stay in the garden! I'll be there until probably august 2013, to just get that one more card (Hyatt) for the free vacation for 2014 haha

But after that card I'm in the garden indefinitely
fico 747
Message 31 of 37
enharu
Super Contributor

If you are adding your girlfriend, go for it. You can always shred the AU card. It becomes an issue only when you start adding random strangers and I don't want to see u getting into trouble Smiley Tongue

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 32 of 37
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

I actually added her on 4 of my cards

Amex bce for backdating purposes and the fact that it will actually report because they asked for her SSN

CSP- so she can get us points
freedom- so she can get us points (freedom and csp make a great comho haha)
And chase united-shredded the card, just added her for the bonus 5k miles

And I'm pretty sure non of the chase cards will end up on her report because even though she lives with me, her legal address is different
fico 747
Message 33 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@MazdaSpeed wrote:
I actually added her on 4 of my cards

Amex bce for backdating purposes and the fact that it will actually report because they asked for her SSN

CSP- so she can get us points
freedom- so she can get us points (freedom and csp make a great comho haha)
And chase united-shredded the card, just added her for the bonus 5k miles

And I'm pretty sure non of the chase cards will end up on her report because even though she lives with me, her legal address is different

Once the Amex reports, all of the others will report, as your address will appear on her credit report, since Amex will report your address with the account.

I added DH to my Chase and Discover and Amex.  Chase and Discover did not start reporting until a month after Amex had reported. After Amex reported, then it was all good Smiley Very Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 34 of 37
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Thanks webhopper! That's some really useful information! Good to know the chase cards will end up reporting

If I remove her as an AU on a the united card how long would it take to come off of her report?

Not 10 years like normal accounts right?
fico 747
Message 35 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@MazdaSpeed wrote:
Thanks webhopper! That's some really useful information! Good to know the chase cards will end up reporting

If I remove her as an AU on a the united card how long would it take to come off of her report?

Not 10 years like normal accounts right?

If you remove her as an AU, and she doesn't want it to report, then she can dispute as "not mine" and it will come off.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 36 of 37
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Awesome. Thanks again webhopper
fico 747
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.