Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclay starting off the year in barclay style

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: barclay starting off the year in barclay style

I have given up on Barclays.  They are the world's most paranoid bank.  Somebody please get them some hot chocolate and tell them it's gonna be alright.  

Message 11 of 43
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have given up on Barclays.  They are the world's most paranoid bank.  Somebody please get them some hot chocolate and tell them it's gonna be alright.  

They (or rather their parent) has a lot to be paranoid about!

Message 12 of 43
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

You have a 99.9% chance of AA opening a card within 6 months of Barclay approval

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 13 of 43
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Some people have not had any problems, even opening several CCs after Barclays. Others have had AA. They probably have their own algorithm that they use. I was concerned last year because I got 2 CCs last year around the same time as Barclay's. fortunately, I didn't have a problem. But I was holding my breath for a few months. I also got a 2nd Barclay's over the summer, got a CLI on my first and I opened another cc, all within a few months. Thank goodness there was no problem, but I was a bit nervous for a while. 

Most have had good experiences with them and they seem to be very willing to help give people a second chance to rebuild credit. But those usually don't get posted. It's the occasional AA that people post about and therefore gets the most attention.

Well there is a good story and I hope I fair the same.  It's just that there doesn't seem to be a rhym nor reason to thier decisions to shut down someone, other than the opening of new accounts.  Do they think that they are the end all be all of CC's or something?  I opened CC's before them with 3 times the limit they gave me and the same after.  I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing and hope for the best.

I'd hate to loose them and it would be a loss to me, but nothing that I couldn't overcome with my next CLI.  But I still hope not Smiley Very Happy.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 14 of 43
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

You have a 99.9% chance of AA opening a card within 6 months of Barclay approval

What is that based on? Rhaeny and I haven't, so there must be 2K on here who have!

Message 15 of 43
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

I have rarely read a post of AA from Barclays. Every few months one pops up. Many people have posted about opening accts without an issue In response to those threads. Usually a thread like this - based on one person's experience - will generate more experiences like I've had than the one person's negative experience. 

Yes, it does happen. But not nearly in the extreme you're talking about.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 16 of 43
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

I have rarely read a post of AA from Barclays. Every few months one pops up. Many people have posted about opening accts without an issue In response to those threads. Usually a thread like this - based on one person's experience - will generate more experiences like I've had than the one person's negative experience. 

Then that only means somewhere between your opinion and mine, the truth can be found.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 17 of 43
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

So where did the 99.9% come from? 

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 18 of 43
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

Then that only means somewhere between your opinion and mine, the truth can be found.

That makes discussion almost meaningless.

"Repo-ed is in fact a furry green kitten from Venus"   Now, if you tell me that you are not, and that you are a some sort of human from Earth (yeah, right, that's what all you green kittens claim!) can we conclude "Then that only means somewhere between your opinion and mine, the truth can be found."

Message 19 of 43
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

I've opened nearly 7 new accounts within 4 months since my last Barclays and no AA.  Maybe it helps that my first Barclays had 4 years history before the second was opened.  Still, no CLI requests from me just in case.

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.