Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclay starting off the year in barclay style

tag
RonDawg
Contributor

Re: barclay starting off the year in barclay style

@bs6054 wrote:

I just got a new card, making it four since I got the Barclays, and after reading your post I decided to log in.  First thing I see "IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT".   But it was just a request to verify that all my contact info was up to date!  So, safe so far....

Oh good lord, What is this pick on Barclay customers day lol.... Once I thought about getting an account with Barclay's with the headaches I am so glad I didn't.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 21 of 43
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hi all!

It's a noted issue on this forum with getting a Barclays CC.  Many on here got approved through recon or just by the skin of their teeth.  I was one of them.  I didn't apply for a single card or request a CLI that might result in a HP because of this for a full 6 months.  It was good for me to do so and helped me in the long run.  Smiley Happy. I recommend it to anyone that has been approved for a Barclays card that had to recon or got a small initial CL to start.  If you do your homework here, it's pretty easy to avoid AA from most lenders if apping for a CC at the bare minimum of approval underwriting standards.  With that said, I'm very sorry to here about your AA OP.  It truly sucks to have gotten the card to only have it closed.  I wish you luck in your credit endeavors for 2013.  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 22 of 43
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I just got my Barclay's NFL card last month.  With that, I knew it would be a minimum of 6 months in the garden. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 23 of 43
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

I got my card in October. I checked my account too. Its still moving and shaking. I only have a 1,000 credit line. If they close mine, oh well. I needed furniture. I run 3x as much through my AMEX.

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 24 of 43
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I used to be so paranoid about Barclay's closing my account, then I kinda got over it...now I'm worried again.

Got my NFL card in November of 2011 at $500. From October to November I got the bulk of my cards: Zync, Forward, Dividend, 123 Rewards, Walmart and NFL. I had to recon twice to get the card, so they already didn't really want me right off the bat, but I was fretting so bad that they would start to see all these new accounts pop up and close mine. Luckily, I used the card very conservatively and nothing ever came of it.

Just a couple of days ago I decided I wanted to up my limit. I asked for $5000 and was granted $1500 on their automated system. Feeling greedy, I decided to call in the backdoor number and see if I could get it raised, as I had had success using that number when I got my account approved. After some sweet talking to the rep, she upped my limit to $3000. Great! Problem is, the past few days I have also gotten approved for two new accounts (BCE and Citi TYP) and applied for CLI's on 6 accounts (including Barclays), 4 of which were hard pulls. So 6 pulls within the last couple of days...seeing this thread now has me a bit worried. Smiley Sad

Hopefully since my card is over a year now and I've never held a balance of any kind, I will be spared. Only time will tell! It's one of my highest limit cards now so I really don't want to lose it. 

Photobucket
Message 25 of 43
Smug
Established Contributor

Love my ring card just got a 3K CLI
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 26 of 43
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

My apple card was 7 months old when i went on a 13 card spree and kept going up to 17 new accounts to now. My apple just turned 13 month and i never got cld or AA.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 27 of 43
iloverewards
Valued Member

@FloridaState12 wrote:

I used to be so paranoid about Barclay's closing my account, then I kinda got over it...now I'm worried again.

Got my NFL card in November of 2011 at $500. From October to November I got the bulk of my cards: Zync, Forward, Dividend, 123 Rewards, Walmart and NFL. I had to recon twice to get the card, so they already didn't really want me right off the bat, but I was fretting so bad that they would start to see all these new accounts pop up and close mine. Luckily, I used the card very conservatively and nothing ever came of it.

Just a couple of days ago I decided I wanted to up my limit. I asked for $5000 and was granted $1500 on their automated system. Feeling greedy, I decided to call in the backdoor number and see if I could get it raised, as I had had success using that number when I got my account approved. After some sweet talking to the rep, she upped my limit to $3000. Great! Problem is, the past few days I have also gotten approved for two new accounts (BCE and Citi TYP) and applied for CLI's on 6 accounts (including Barclays), 4 of which were hard pulls. So 6 pulls within the last couple of days...seeing this thread now has me a bit worried. Smiley Sad

Hopefully since my card is over a year now and I've never held a balance of any kind, I will be spared. Only time will tell! It's one of my highest limit cards now so I really don't want to lose it. 

Congratulations on your CLI! Would you mind sharing your backdoor number with us?

Chase Sapphire Preferred | Freedom | IHG Rewards Club
Citi Dividend | Simplicity | AAdvantage
Discover It
Capital One Quicksilver
Amex Blue Cash
Barclay Arrival | NFL Extra Points
Bank of America Better Balance Rewards
US Bank Platinum Visa
Message 28 of 43
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@iloverewards wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Congratulations on your CLI! Would you mind sharing your backdoor number with us?

I just used the one listed on this site. 866-408-4064

I've always encountered very professional and nice people when using that number. I highly recommend it. Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 29 of 43
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@iloverewards wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

I just used the one listed on this site. 866-408-4064

I've always encountered very professional and nice people when using that number. I highly recommend it. Smiley Happy

Did they SP or HP for the CLIs?? Can't risk them at this point hehe

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.