Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclays arrival credit limit increase upcoming

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

barclays arrival credit limit increase upcoming

I wanted to see if I could get any info to help me with my upcoming credit increase request on my barclaycard arrival, currently at $2780 limit. I want to try to get up to 5k-10k with this increase. I have an awards with them as well 5k limit. Is it better to have a higher balance say 30% when you make the request or is it better to be at 5%? I'm assuming I may have to recon anyway.I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get a limit increase on this card closer to 10k the better either through normal means or on recon. 706 barclays transunion, bk in 2010. 11 cards, 30k limit total, 7% utilization. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: barclays arrival credit limit increase upcoming

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to see if I could get any info to help me with my upcoming credit increase request on my barclaycard arrival, currently at $2780 limit. I want to try to get up to 5k-10k with this increase. I have an awards with them as well 5k limit. Is it better to have a higher balance say 30% when you make the request or is it better to be at 5%? I'm assuming I may have to recon anyway.I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get a limit increase on this card closer to 10k the better either through normal means or on recon. 706 barclays transunion, bk in 2010. 11 cards, 30k limit total, 7% utilization. Thanks.

It's not good or bad either way per say, but having a lower balance may play in your favor. As long as your history with them and others have been good and payments are more than minimun then you may have a good chance. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: barclays arrival credit limit increase upcoming

Barclay seemed very 'story friendly' on my recon for my A+ and I've heard similar things in the board. You will bro ably be asked, if you get into a conversation with them, why you need such a limit. Id guess it'd be better to say you have something big to purchase than to say you are trying to improve your utilization, but I look forward to hearing what others say.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.