Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclays card

tag
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

barclays card

What is the minimum score needed to be approved for a barclays card?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: barclays card

@daneatreia wrote:

I was approved with a FICO 630, can't imagine they like any lower.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

I guess they might have different requirement for different tier cards (if htey have different tiers) they have. That would be my guess.

Message 3 of 10
2NE1
Established Contributor

@daneatreia wrote:

I got a TU 572 and they said they would've approved me if I had at least a six-month CC payment history since my last CCs went to charge-off status in early 2010 and I hadn't opened new CCs in over a year and a half Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

@daneatreia wrote:

I got a TU 572 and they said they would've approved me if I had at least a six-month CC payment history since my last CCs went to charge-off status in early 2010 and I hadn't opened new CCs in over a year and a half Smiley Indifferent

Thanks for sharing, that's good to know

Message 5 of 10
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Probably in the mid 600's, if you get declined you can always call the backdoor number, ive seen alot of people have sucess with that.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2NE1 wrote:

@daneatreia wrote:

Have you tried to become an AU on someone's credit card with 5+ year history and high credit limit?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daneatreia wrote:

It's hard to say because the score is only one factor, they also consider the negative stuff on your report plus your UTI I believe. I would hold off applying for any Barclay card till you get close 650 TU FICO or above

Message 8 of 10
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

barclays approvals depend quite heavily on two factors; new accounts and inquiries. they are very sensitive about this more so than others.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 9 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

barclays approvals depend quite heavily on two factors; new accounts and inquiries. they are very sensitive about this more so than others.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.