Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclays denial

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: barclays denial

@Anonymous wrote:

called and recieved a "we look for credit history and cannot overturn this discion...please use the internet to find new credit  lenders " should i try again or will i be blacklisted as they say

Smiley Surprised

Message 11 of 21
CardHunter
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

called and recieved a "we look for credit history and cannot overturn this discion...please use the internet to find new credit  lenders " should i try again or will i be blacklisted as they say

Wow.. That's not the Barclays customer service I know. Everytime I have called about info the customer service has been great. Sorry to hear this happened to you, keep your head up and keep pushing forward.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Surprised

They could at least have suggested this forum.  God knows we send plenty of business their way...

Message 13 of 21
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Call again. That type of response is not what I would have expected or ever experienced with Barclays. Get somebody else. What reasons for denial are they giving you?

Message 14 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

Call again. That type of response is not what I would have expected or ever experienced with Barclays. Get somebody else. What reasons for denial are they giving you?

+1

Back in March i was declined for Sallie Mae but made work of the Credit Analyst 3 times before throwing in the towel. Fast forward 5 months later and it was Instant Approval this go 'round for the Reward Card. So even if they are determined this time give it a few months. Apparently they are not so hard to get in with after all.

Message 15 of 21
waters
Regular Contributor

I called the barclaycard recon department, it went something like this:

Barclaycard: denied

Me: why

Barclaycard: don’t ask stupid questions

Me: when can I reapply?

Barclaycard: now you are wasting my time

Me: (pointed out that ive not missed a payment in 7 months on my other 2 cards)

Barclaycard: ok maybe in a couple months

Me: so in exactly 60 days?

Barclaycard: please hang up

Me: the reason I want a Barclaycard is I hear you guys grow with people etc etc kiss ass etc etc

Barclaycard: maybe about 2 months yeah

Me: are you sure there is nothing else you can do for me?

Barclaycard: approved!

so even if they deny you, dont hang up. keep them on the phone, chat with them a bit. if you have made mistakes in the past admit it. ask for a chance etc etc. Keep them talking before giving up.

Even if you end up getting denied after 5-10min on the phone, call again the next day and you might get somebody else.

6/2014; EX:621 EQ:627 TU:640
Cards: Capital One WORLD MC (QS): $7500 | Chase Freedom $3500
Sock: Merrick Bank $600 | Barclaycard $1250 | Sportsman's guide visa $2500

Message 16 of 21
keithB
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL, that's hardcore.Smiley Surprised

Message 17 of 21
taxi818
Super Contributor

That's beyond hardcore Smiley Embarassed

Message 18 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

That's off the charts for certain Smiley Embarassed

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bahahahaha @waters! That my friend is hilarious!
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.