Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclays experience

tag
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

Re: barclays experience

I opened a chase discover Barclay & walmart. Also appd two others. Pay on time I've never missed a payment you'll be good.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 23
Involver
Valued Contributor

Also they report your account very fast!

I was approved for the Sallie Mae on the 1st and it's already reporting.  Haven't even received it yet lol.

Message 12 of 23
AAstra
Regular Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

I like the rewards card as well.  I've not had a bad experience with them and recently have gotten some CLI's, although the first auto CLI came after a year of having the card.  But that's because I had went on out of control app spree Smiley Tongue 

Whenever I call they've been super nice and helpful.  Overall I would recommend them.

Rhaeny, I got my Barclay card end of January 2014. I have since opened up Amex Bce, Discover it, and a Chase Freedom card...do you think I'll be okay with Barclay opening 3 new cards?

Vegas, I know you were in my post about my spree on these three cards also. I have a Barclay card for the Apple store financing and am worried about action against me for the new apps. I have had my card since July though so I have a little more time than you. My suggestion, if you want to keep the Barclay card, possibly use it for a purchase or two for the next few months? They will see the new accounts but will also see that you are still using their card and haven't completely forgotten about them?

Just my thought. Keep in touch if you have any AA from them. I'll be watching mine also.

Cheers!

FICO - TU: 815 | EQ: 793 | EX: 813

Sears MasterCard: $13k (1/2013)
Capital One Venture One Visa Signature: $10k (7/2015)
Amex BCE: $9.8k (3/2014)
Amex Corporate: NPSL
Chase Freedom Visa Signature: $9.5k (3/2014)
Discover it: $9.5k (3/2014)
Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards: $2.65k (6/2013)
Message 13 of 23
surfnspy
Contributor

They've been great to me. I know some people don't like that Barclays can keep you on a short leash if you app too much. But, that's about the worst I've heard.

EX: 750 (05/2015) | EQ: 765 (5/2015) | TU: 765 (5/2015)

Barclays World MasterCard CL: $19K
Capital One MasterCard CL: $3.9K (sock drawer)
CHASE Sapphire Preferred Visa Sig CL: $20K
JPM Ritz Carlton Visa Sig CL: $20K
Inquiries: 1 (EX) 0 (TU) 0 (EQ)
Message 14 of 23
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

I like the rewards card as well.  I've not had a bad experience with them and recently have gotten some CLI's, although the first auto CLI came after a year of having the card.  But that's because I had went on out of control app spree Smiley Tongue 

Whenever I call they've been super nice and helpful.  Overall I would recommend them.

Rhaeny, I got my Barclay card end of January 2014. I have since opened up Amex Bce, Discover it, and a Chase Freedom card...do you think I'll be okay with Barclay opening 3 new cards?

Well Barclays will watch you with AR's, and Amex for that matter too, but I think as long as you continue to use them and pay all of your other accounts on time you will be fine.  Also don't let your balances get up too high either.  Barclays was really slow to give me auto CLI's, like over a year and IMO it was due to me having so many other new accounts.  After over a year now I believe that I'm in good with them now.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 15 of 23
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Thanks Barclay experts for your input...I used my Barclay for close to $900.00 for my 1st statement. Paid them $700.00 before the statement cut so I show a balance of about $200.00. I have set my Barclay card to pay all my utilities (Electric bill, Sewer, Water, Cable, Car Insurance) so I should spend atleast $500-$600 every month and  pay 95% of balance before statement cuts. I hope that will be enough.  

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 16 of 23
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

I've had the Sallie Mae World MC for about 7 months now. I've never called since activation, so I can't comment on their CS. However, The initial CL was 5000.00 and at 6 months, I got an auto CLI of 4000.00. That brought the CL to 9000.00. That was NICE!!! Another thing that I really like is that the rewards post very quickly. They don't wait for the statement to close. I'm very pleased with Barclays. BTW: I was carrying a balance when I got the CLI because I'd taken advantage of their 0% aBT offer. I don't know if that made a difference.

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 17 of 23
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

I have the Rewards MC and Barclay has quickly become my most used card.

They are very friendly anf helpfule in regards to Customer Service. And perhaps I have been very lucky, Im not sure, but never had to talk to Peggy.

In the 3 times Ive spoke to them and Ive always had a rep that that I could easily understand and seemed knowledgeable. 

One thing I really like about them is that you get you rewards as soon as a transaction posts to your account. You do not need to wait untill statement close to get all your rewards you've accumulated through out the month.  Also, redeeming for statement credit is fast too. A day or 2.

If I had one complaint it would be this:

If you set you alerts to alert you for ANY purchase at all (I do this with all my cards) they only alert when they transaction posts. Not a word while its in pending state,.

Some of my other cards alert as soon as something goes into pending which I like, but not barclay. has to post first.

minor gripe I suppose.

Overall excellent experience with them here.

----On a side note.

Anyone know when Barclay updates the FICO scores? Mines still From Jan.5th and hasnt updated yet...

Message 18 of 23
daninbath
Established Member

@subwaysandwich wrote:

Can anyone share his/her experiences with the barclays rewards mastercard? Good customer service, etc?

They've been great with me.  I received a pre-approval in Nov 2013 and was approved for $1800.   Within a couple of months they doubled that amount without me asking.   6 months later they took it up another $1,000 to $4,800 and around my one year anniversary they jumped it to $7,300.  All without me asking!!!

I like the rewards points especially the double points on gas.  Interest is a little high so I generally don't carry a balance.  They're always sending me BT checks though for up to 18 months of 0% (though there is a BT fee).

It's been a great card..I haven't had to call them with any issues so far, so I can't say how their customer service is.  

Message 19 of 23
daninbath
Established Member

@CenturyChild wrote:

I have the Rewards MC and Barclay has quickly become my most used card.

They are very friendly anf helpfule in regards to Customer Service. And perhaps I have been very lucky, Im not sure, but never had to talk to Peggy.

In the 3 times Ive spoke to them and Ive always had a rep that that I could easily understand and seemed knowledgeable. 

One thing I really like about them is that you get you rewards as soon as a transaction posts to your account. You do not need to wait untill statement close to get all your rewards you've accumulated through out the month.  Also, redeeming for statement credit is fast too. A day or 2.

If I had one complaint it would be this:

If you set you alerts to alert you for ANY purchase at all (I do this with all my cards) they only alert when they transaction posts. Not a word while its in pending state,.

Some of my other cards alert as soon as something goes into pending which I like, but not barclay. has to post first.

minor gripe I suppose.

Overall excellent experience with them here.

----On a side note.

Anyone know when Barclay updates the FICO scores? Mines still From Jan.5th and hasnt updated yet...

I thought they only updated the FICO score if it changed.  It has been discussed in some other threads on here.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.