Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclays in not prime

tag
jeffery581
Established Contributor

barclays in not prime

i am not impressed with barclays foreign csr. I have been hung up on 3 times. The reps can not speak english. hardly prime... not impressed at all.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: barclays in not prime

Sorry you had a bad experience Smiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 18
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

I agree about their csrs! Ive talked to them on 3 occasions and they are comparable to front line Capone csrs! Lol

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 18
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

I guess it''s another case of YMMV.  In my brief time with the card, my dealings with CSRs have been excellent.  The reps have been knowledge, helpful and friendly. No issues with communications. 

Sorry, if you have encountered something different.

Message 4 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Really another example of why saying a bank is or isn't prime isn't all that meaningful.  Here the OP has experienced very bad CSRs.  But, you can experience that with almost any bank (although top tier cards at major banks usually have better staff).   To me, a subprime bank/card has some or all of these:

1) Lots of fees, including things like monthy charges, processing fees etc

2) Very low credit limits that don't grow and are eaten up by fees

3) Poor or non-existent rewards, despite very high APRs.

Most Barclays cards aren't like that..

Message 5 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I agree with longtimelurker . Prime shouldn't be based on CSRs because for every one that is rude or lacking sufficient knowledge- another customer will rave about great customer service.
Message 6 of 18
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Agree Smiley Happy I consider them prime but from my experience thus far their csrs have been comparable to capones. Heh. No biggy to me tho...after years of dealing w sub prime csrs I'm used to it. Lmao

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 18
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Really another example of why saying a bank is or isn't prime isn't all that meaningful.  Here the OP has experienced very bad CSRs.  But, you can experience that with almost any bank (although top tier cards at major banks usually have better staff).   To me, a subprime bank/card has some or all of these:

1) Lots of fees, including things like monthy charges, processing fees etc

2) Very low credit limits that don't grow and are eaten up by fees

3) Poor or non-existent rewards, despite very high APRs.

Most Barclays cards aren't like that..

Well stated.

Message 8 of 18
jeffery581
Established Contributor

I guess thats why discover advertises american reps. because people are tired of it. Customer service is the most important issue to me.  I think its very meaningful to say who is prime and who isn't. I know the terms before signing up. prime should also mean good customer service. 

the reason for my call was because when i loged in to my account online it said click here to active.... card was not stolen or lost and less than a year old. after 45 minutes on the phone the supervisor finaly told me it was because of a security breach,(on barclays end) a new card was being sent, well ok but they didnt tell me any of that! 

like i said barclays is not prime imo, 

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 9 of 18
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@jeffery581 wrote:

I guess thats why discover advertises american reps. because people are tired of it. Customer service is the most important issue to me.  I think its very meaningful to say who is prime and who isn't. I know the terms before signing up. prime should also mean good customer service. 

the reason for my call was because when i loged in to my account online it said click here to active.... card was not stolen or lost and less than a year old. after 45 minutes on the phone the supervisor finaly told me it was because of a security breach,(on barclays end) a new card was being sent, well ok but they didnt tell me any of that! 

like i said barclays is not prime imo, 

Sorry you had a bad experience, however any experience I have had with Barclay has been a positive one.  To say that they are not prime because of your CSR experience is like saying that because the CSR at the Bentley dealership you just purchased your car from was awful so that's not a prime car....I know not the greatest comparison but I have had a drink or two....LOL!!!

American Express is prime right?  Well search through here and you will find that many people have complained about their CSR as well.  Does that make them not a prime card as well?  But I do get that when you have bad service with a company you do business with that it can leave a bad taste in your mouth about them.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.