Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bbva is slow

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bbva is slow

@Anonymous wrote:

Pushed a payment to them 4 days ago, and they still have no updated my online account to reflect the payment. tisk tisk. Dont think I'll be using this card long term

This is weird. I made an online payment on 4/17 and it posted on 4/20.. no issues on my end.

Message 11 of 19
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pushed a payment to them 4 days ago, and they still have no updated my online account to reflect the payment. tisk tisk. Dont think I'll be using this card long term

This is weird. I made an online payment on 4/17 and it posted on 4/20.. no issues on my end.

This can't be right you can make payments online. I just looked online and it says you can make payments  Right online.   

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 accounts with BBVA. I just made a payment on my NBA card and it posted in 3 days. 

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm. that's strange. i hope this is a one time thing for me and that they'll process my future payments electronically... gonna send another payment.

Message 14 of 19
northface28
Established Contributor

I was about to have a damn heart attack over here. 2015? Me writing checks to pay a CC? LOL, yeah, ok.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When you say you PUSHED a payment through, don't you have your checking account linked with them on line? If you don't have a first statement yet paying ahead of time with some banks can be a delay. 

If your checking account is linked on line you should be able to just click make payment and the money should clear your account in a day or 2. I linked my checking account up with BBVA with no problem. Haven't tried to make a payment yet.

When I tried to pay my Am Ex when it was new the second time I mailed them a check and it took about 5-6 days to post. Just hang tight.

Message 16 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Can't you just push the payment from whatever bank you're with through bill pay? I do that with 5/3 but it doesn't resolve the delay to post to your BBVA account.
Message 17 of 19
joedtx
Valued Contributor

3 days for an electronic payment is ridiculously slow I can understand if the transaction was submitting on a non-business day but other than that electronic payments don't just sit there.

Message 18 of 19
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@joedtx wrote:

3 days for an electronic payment is ridiculously slow I can understand if the transaction was submitting on a non-business day but other than that electronic payments don't just sit there.

I closed all of my accounts with BBVA because of this. I would get paid on Friday, but would receive the deposit (and my account wouldn't reflect it) until Tuesday or Wednesday. I would make payments (such as rent) and the money would disappear from my account, but they wouldn't pay the bills and the money would reappear in my account a week or two later. I've had so many issues with BBVA it isn't even funny.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.