Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: been looking at chase marriot

i agree. i won't be apping for this.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although I love the Marriott card its generally a waste of time unless you actually stay at Marriotts.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, naturally...
Message 13 of 15
elim
Senior Contributor

While staying at M properties you rack up the points pretty fast.   I use the card for hotel stay only (which works for me).

It is a nice looking card and built like CSP so there is some aesthetic value, and the free nite is a nice discount if you want to get away once a year for cheap.  80K + 10k for AU + 3k for spend = 93k M points and is awesome. Amex bonuses are Junk lately (25k PRG and 50k Plat) so this is the place to "get it while the gettin's good".  You can always close it in a year and get 10.3 nights at a tier level 2 for the AF.

I planned on closing CSP and Marriott at the 2 year mark (and rolling them to Ritz), but they are both decent APR compared to what I would probably get now (due to the recent change), and Marriott is useful for that cert every year. I have time to think on that.

Only one way to find out  If you will be approved      :]      and remember, Chase has some nice features with their cards, Open one and close another. 

Best of Luck if you app.

Message 14 of 15
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The only reason i would get a Marriot card is for the free annual night. Using the card to make purchases is worthless since it takes an exorbitant amt of pts to qualify for a free night. Also if you are doing that, you're wasting out on all the points u could be gaining on ur other cards. 

So the main question is whether the card is worth its AF, whatever that is. I just dont think its worth it imo to carry around one card for a free annual night but to each its own...

You get the card if you visit the chain often.  Stays start at 7500 points. Only Marriott spend goes on Marriott cards.  The card's an earner at my house.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.