Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beginner in need of advice !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

beginner in need of advice !

first af all thanks to all of those who answered my previous question at this forum !
well, here are others,  that i hope will get many answers.
...i m new to this credit card world, i m traying to establish a credit history since i have no credit history at all. the only thing you can find in my credit report is 6 enquiries made by CAP1, AMEX, MACYS, CHASE, and recently BOA....they all denied may applications except BOA, they are still looking at my pending application due to an address verification(  i applyied for thier secured mastercard with a deposit of $750 ) and still wating for thier final decesion.
honestly, i never needed a credit card, i always pay cash and always use my debit card ...but now i know (thanks to this website) how important a credit history is !
i need your advices and tips to estabilsh a good creditc history with a good FICO score.
i m planinig if i get the secured card from BOA, to use it and pay each month the hole balance in full (is it a good thing to do?    ) and stay ander 30 % of my CCL. but in the mean time i wonder if i have to apply for other cards later on ? and how many do i need ? and which ones do i have better chance to be approved for ?  is there a good strategy to follow for people like me to build a good credit in a short periode of time (2 to 3 years )...
thank you ALL, and all your stips suggestion and advices are wellcome.! 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Re: beginner in need of advice !

Boa secured is a good start see if you can get a secured card from a local CU also if you can get a store card from Target that will help. 6 months of on time payments will boost your score. National City has an unsecured card that doesn't report as a secured. The drawback is it doesnt unsecure you have to apply for an unsecured after a while but in your shoes that will be a good place to start.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: beginner in need of advice !

can the $29 annual fee be waved ?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.