Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best buy "premier black"

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

best buy "premier black"

Anyone get this? I'm thinking that they have lost their minds, because they sure haven't made much off of me. This is somehow supposed to be better than Premium Silver, and if I'm Premium Silver, I must have blinked.

Google search brought up some interesting discussions. And the link takes you to a crashed server.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: best buy "premier black"

BF just got the same thing. We immediately looked it up and found some conversations that were suspicious of it as well. He spends a boatload there so we thought it was legit. He's currently a Premier silver member I guess it's called...but now we wonder what's really going on with this.

The scary thing is that if it is a hoax it seems like someone hacked into their system because they are using the correct membership numbers for people when they send out the email...

I just checked out reward zone via Best Buy's website and it says "Introducing Premium Silver". Makes no sense that they'd be "introducing" the premium silver membership if they are sending out emails about a "black membership". Things that make you go hmmmmm....

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 09-03-2008 06:20 PM
Message 2 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I saw one post that speculated that it was a mistake; that a limited number of these were supposed to go out, but instead, they sent them to just about everyone.

I think that if I'm any level at all, it would be a very faint periwinkle blue.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha. Well, I'm lucky that he does so well there, the rewards are actually really great. I just got a new stainless toaster for nada. And, he only makes purchases he would have for business anyway. It's a win-win for me.

It will be interesting to see what happened with this. I hope he is included if there really is such an exclusive club. He laughed and said something about this being as close as he'll ever get to an Amex Black.  Smiley Very Happy

haulingthescoreup wrote:

I think that if I'm any level at all, it would be a very faint periwinkle blue.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 09-03-2008 06:25 PM
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha ha ha... I don't even rate on their color scale. Best Buy was the only app I ever tried for that was an immediate denial. At least the others soften the blow with the "30 day wait" excuse. Which almost gives you hope until the letter comes and it has no card in it.

I would actually call Best Buy though and ask... if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't care enough to sit on hold to ask them about it. I'll wait it out and google from time to time. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just reading about the BB 'premier black' mystery on Consumerist.com, here!

I am chuckling at the concept of there being some kind of elitest-of-the-elite Best Buy 'concierge', I have to confess...!
Message 7 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Betcha the Premier Black Concierge is the guy who frisks you as you go in and out. Smiley Wink

Ah well, happily returning to my usual non-elite status. Don't want to take on that burden, I don't think.

I must say, Best Buy and HSBC do seem made for one another.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one as well, tried to reply back that I would rather have a CLI than a concierge but the server is toast.
Message 9 of 14
mandy102

Well. I got the e.mail also called best buy..and after 3 people and 30 minutes., They had me repeat my Id # for my reward zone   .matched the # in e mail........She said I  would get more info next week by e mail....than a phone call follow up after that approx. 9 days.......wait and seeSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.