Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best buy

tag
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: best buy

As store cards go, Best Buy is on the more difficult end to get or get a good CL on.  Not sure about their MC though but I just saw Brammy had some exp with them.  They are both issued from HSBC Nevada.

DH got declined for BB card a year or two back but was still getting pre-approved HSBC offers oh.... 2-3x a week.  Go figure.

I think I saw some other threads where you are still doing clean up on your CBRs.  I'd wait for the outcome of those and FICO boosts then apply for a major CC.

You can also do a recon on Hooters if you have not.  Just search the forum on recon... might be in fo here on Hooters recon as well.

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

SmartCookie wrote:
As store cards go, Best Buy is on the more difficult end to get or get a good CL on.  Not sure about their MC though but I just saw Brammy had some exp with them.  They are both issued from HSBC Nevada.

DH got declined for BB card a year or two back but was still getting pre-approved HSBC offers oh.... 2-3x a week.  Go figure.

I think I saw some other threads where you are still doing clean up on your CBRs.  I'd wait for the outcome of those and FICO boosts then apply for a major CC.

You can also do a recon on Hooters if you have not.  Just search the forum on recon... might be in fo here on Hooters recon as well.

Yes my MC card limit is horrendous 500.00.  Couldn't believe the limit seeing it is tied to an electronics store.  On the credit reps suggestion, I app'd for the store card immediately after getting the instanton the MC and wound up with a 3k starter line on the store, go figure.  Would have app'd for the store first if I had known it but its my understanding when you submit the app it considers you for the MC first so I still would have wound up re-pp'ing for the store,  Much better than some I have heard of.  Think the rewards program may have something to do with the limits on the MC. Its gives 5% back on electronic rewards but the store card gives the special finance rates.

Message 12 of 13
tknkrov
Contributor

I got the store card not the mc last month they pulled EQ score was 615 gave me 2200 CL. Have old baddies from 03 and was surprised they gave me that high of a limit. Our computer crashed and so we bought a laptop, when my DH apped they denied so I did approved. I think he has the higher credit score but I have more revolving so I don't know if that is why I was approved and he wasn't.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.