Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to approach (BoA)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

best way to approach (BoA)

priority is BBR (Better Balance Rewards card). keep TR (Travel Rewards card) (backup overseas card). don't really care about CR (Cash Rewards card) anymore (i have better cards now).

what's the best way to go about this? newb here and kinda confused on how.

- should i app first for the BBR then ask for CLI for CR & TR?
- should i CLI first the 2 cards then app for BBR?

also, just to confirm, if i consolidate then close the CR to TR, only after 10 yrs it might have an effect on my AAoA, right? if so, consolidating then closing it is not that detrimental to my score, short-term? less so, if i do get an increase as utilization might be the same ratio?

i plan to do all of these next week and within 30 days - to go for a 1 HP for CLI (and consolidation, possibly) and 1 HP for the app. 

it was mentioned to me before to request CLI first (do it within 30 days of each other for 1 HP) then app after a few mos for the BBR but i don't wanna wait any longer. i dont want to miss out on BBR. i have a feeling it might go the SallieMae route. or worse, nerf altogether. hopefully not. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: best way to approach (BoA)

These terms you use thus, TR and CR.  TR is your overseas card and what exactly is CR? I am assuming CR is credit report? But that wouldn't make sense base on your post.

Remember, you get good responses from members when your post is clear and they are able to understand what you are saying.  So clarify your original post for more responses.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

These terms you use thus, TR and CR.  TR is your overseas card and what exactly is CR? I am assuming CR is credit report? But that wouldn't make sense base on your post.

Remember, you get good responses from members when your post is clear and they are able to understand what you are saying.  So clarify your original post for more responses.

TR = Travel Rewards
CR = Cash Rewards
BBR = Better Balance Rewards

all Bank of America credit cards.

i apologize. i assumed people who know BoA (Bank of America) products would be able to tell what those abbreviations were/are.

Message 3 of 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

priority is BBR (Better Balance Rewards card). keep TR (Travel Rewards card) (backup overseas card). don't really care about CR (Cash Rewards card) anymore (i have better cards now).

what's the best way to go about this? newb here and kinda confused on how.

- should i app first for the BBR then ask for CLI for CR & TR?
- should i CLI first the 2 cards then app for BBR?

also, just to confirm, if i consolidate then close the CR to TR, only after 10 yrs it might have an effect on my AAoA, right? if so, consolidating then closing it is not that detrimental to my score, short-term? less so, if i do get an increase as utilization might be the same ratio?

i plan to do all of these next week and within 30 days - to go for a 1 HP for CLI (and consolidation, possibly) and 1 HP for the app. 

it was mentioned to me before to request CLI first (do it within 30 days of each other for 1 HP) then app after a few mos for the BBR but i don't wanna wait any longer. i dont want to miss out on BBR. i have a feeling it might go the SallieMae route. or worse, nerf altogether. hopefully not. 

I would app for the new BBR card first because this will be a HP usually on EX.  Then call for CLI on TR which usually is HP on TU but  ask if they can do it with that EX pull they have from the app. This should work.  If you want to close CR I would not bother for a CLI unless the new BBR has a very low limit.  Move CLs around usually is with a HP as well but since they just pulled for the new app they could use the same EX pull.  If you do the CLI first the you get a HP on TU and with the new app a HP on EX.  The only chance IMHO  to get away with 1 pull is the app first and then call in and not use the luv button because that immediately pulls TU.  All this is just my own thinking and no guarantee but that is how I would try to get away with CLI and app trying to minimize pulls. Good luck!

edit: and yes if you close CR it has no immediate impact on your AAoA only on utilization because you will lose that CL..if you manage to transfer the limit to TR or BBR then the util will have no impact.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i see. there's hope that it might be 1 HP for all of these. thanks! really sound advice. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.