cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to reallocate Chase limits?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: best way to reallocate Chase limits?

@Anonymous wrote:
If the OP did that, they would be only working with credit unions.

Banks are just for-profit companies hoping to squeeze money out of you.

Not completely true. While for profit, there are other lenders that are more friendly to customers. AMEX and Discover are at the top of the list---while not accepted everywhere, can be a useful backup to a credit union MasterCard or Visa (or vice versa where the AMEX or Discover is the primary). 

Message 11 of 18
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

B335is wrote:
How long have the cards been open? I agree just call and talk with them about your options.

I've had the SWA card since April of this year, all cards are pay in full and the Ritz card has been my daily driver since I received it June 1st.  However, I don't want to open up any cans of worms with Chase, and have them start prying into things if you know what I mean.

Chase EO opened the SWA card for me, Disney card was approved after verification, and the Ritz was instant approval online.

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 12 of 18
ddemari
Super Contributor

those cards are pretty new. Granted chase likes you to give you those credit lines. Is the 16.5k on the Ritz not enough for you monthly? 

Message 13 of 18
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

OP, IME it will be best to call and discuss the reallocations. These are some big CL moves and they might require a HP, in which case you can immediately stop the process and end the conversation, if you send a SM they will not inform you and will do it automatically. Also, this is certain, if they go to moving CL's and hit a bump as they have with me in the past, they immediately want to send your call to Lending for further processing. At this point you can say NO Thank you and ask them to leave as is, that is unless you want to speak to Lending in which most cases leads to a silent FR. IMO contacting chase by phone is always best, you can always control them from sending you to lending, however, if you SM they will send you to lending and you will not be notified until its under review. Good Luck and keep us posted!
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bowzer wrote:
OP, IME it will be best to call and discuss the reallocations. These are some big CL moves and they might require a HP, in which case you can immediately stop the process and end the conversation, if you send a SM they will not inform you and will do it automatically. Also, this is certain, if they go to moving CL's and hit a bump as they have with me in the past, they immediately want to send your call to Lending for further processing. At this point you can say NO Thank you and ask them to leave as is, that is unless you want to speak to Lending in which most cases leads to a silent FR. IMO contacting chase by phone is always best, you can always control them from sending you to lending, however, if you SM they will send you to lending and you will not be notified until its under review. Good Luck and keep us posted!

I'm not entirely sure that Chase always sends it to lending when you request reallocation via SM. I requested it today for three cards via SM and received an e-mail that it was completed in less than one hour. YMMV, of course. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bowzer wrote:

I'm not entirely sure that Chase always sends it to lending when you request reallocation via SM. I requested it today for three cards via SM and received an e-mail that it was completed in less than one hour. YMMV, of course. Smiley Happy

You are correct, they don't always send to lending. In fact this happens fewer times than more, but IME if it does happen, they will not notify you and will send your SM directly to lending. And absolutely YMMV in all cases. The last time I tried to move my SW 10k limit to my freedom they informed me that since the total CL was going to be larger than 30k they would have to request a HP and send to lending. You just have more control of the situation when you are speaking to a real person IMO.
Message 16 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

The last Chase card I closed and consolidated was 4/5 months old. There was no issue with Chase. No boogie man came for my other Chase CC's.
The CSR even offered to combine the other 3 cards.
None of them were 12 months old at the time.

Also there was no HP.

Message 17 of 18
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
If the OP did that, they would be only working with credit unions.

Banks are just for-profit companies hoping to squeeze money out of you.

Not completely true. While for profit, there are other lenders that are more friendly to customers. AMEX and Discover are at the top of the list---while not accepted everywhere, can be a useful backup to a credit union MasterCard or Visa (or vice versa where the AMEX or Discover is the primary). 

Haha, definitely opinion there.  My CS experiences with Amex have been terrible.  Discover is, by far, the best CS experience I've ever had from a CC.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.